By Joerg271
Hello everyone, I have a project in Cinema 4D R11 and AR3 rendered.
Now I'd render this in Maxwell render, but whenever I work with the Cinemaplugin and click on the Rendern button, he wants to read the material and this cinema crashes always.

Each object has his Maxwellmaterial.

Someone has this problem and know what to look?

Thanks for the help.

Greeting Jörg
By JDHill
Hi Jörg,

A couple of questions:

- are you using the 1.8.1.5 Maxwell for Cinema 4D plugin?
- was the geometry in the scene imported from files written with another application?

There is one issue I've found with geometry imported from some other applications, and it regards the phong tags on the geometry. In this case (only observed so far on x64 Windows), selecting the phong tags and disabling them or changing their angle limit seems to take care of the issue - you can read this thread ( http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... =9&t=31898 ) for more information about this.

JD
By macray
JD: It got something to do with lights in emitters... ending up with appr. 960 light objects in Maxwell. I tried to help yesterday and think we've found a way to render it. (either replacing the light objects with some other polygonal objects for the purpose using an emitter material or exporting the light objects separately to mxs)
By JDHill
Thanks for the info - I'll try doing something like that here and see if I can reproduce the issue.
By macray
JD: I was having a discussio with Jörg just some moments ago and we discovered that he's using the 64bit version of cinema and I used the 32bit version of cinema to inspect his file.
I had no crashs while he had problems... when starting the 32bit version of c4d he can adjust and translate the file to maxwell as it should be. - so the problem seems to be with the 64bit version. (either handling the scene or translating the model to mxs)
By Joerg271
Hello JD, if you give me your Eimailadresse, I can you send the Cinema 4D R11 scene like you.

Greeting Jörg
By JDHill
It appears to be a simple out-of-memory issue due to the extreme number of lights you're using to create the spark effect - even if you could export it, it would probably be the slowest-rendering image in Maxwell history. You can take care of the problem by going to Scene Object > Cinema and un-checking 'Create physical lights'. I would highly recommend using a different approach to create this effect - four or five half-domes with image-based emitters applied would work much better.
By Joerg271
Hi Jeremy,
I deleted even the whole Ermitter; yet Cinema 4D 64 Bit has crashed
Is funny, crashes the cinema if version I use the 32 Bit, even if the whole Ermitter inside.

Greeting Jörg
By JDHill
I can only make it crash if I render exactly how you sent it - if I disable 'Create physical lights' , or if I delete the emitters, then it works fine, and I'm testing on both 32bit and 64bit. How much memory do you have on this machine?
By Joerg271
I have a notebook Intel Duo 2 with 2GH and 4 GB RAM.

Greeting Jörg
By JDHill
That should be plenty of memory. And a correction, I am able to render it fine in all cases with the public release 1.8.1.5 plugin; I am only able to crash it with a different internal build I was using when I first started testing with this file (the crash was due to an SDK bug which does not affect 1.8.1.5).

Regardless, can you try this:

- open your Cinema preferences folder (look for the button near the bottom of the preferences dialog to open it)
- in the _bugreports folder, delete _BugReport.txt
- load the scene and repeat the crash
- there might be a new _BugReport.txt file; if there is, email it to me

If the crash does not produce a new _BugReport.txt file, I will have some other instructions we may use to get some information about the issue.
By Joerg271
Hi JDHill,
I have the bug report clear and cinema 4D 64 Bit again exported the scene.
Unfortunately cinema 4D cancels again and again, what has not happened 32 bit in cinema.

It is up to the plugin between Cinema 4D and Maxwell, but only the 64Bit version.

Following then displays Cinema 4D me but a bug report not he writes and is in the store the appropriate folder.

Greeting Jörg

By JDHill
It looks like this is a different Cinema model than the one you sent me to test - here, the plugin reports 798 objects in the scene when exporting, but your screenshot indicates 1464 objects.

During export here, the maximum amount of memory used by the CINEMA 4D 64bit.exe process is about 780MB, and this occurs just before the export is finished; what is the maximum memory used there? (watch the Memory (Private Bytes) column in Task Manager > Processes)

Also, since we are not getting a _BugReport.txt from Cinema, you can look in your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp folder - when the Windows crash dialog is up, you should find three new files there (.txt, .xml, and .dmp files) which will be deleted by Windows when you close the crash dialog. So, before you close the dialog, drag those files to your desktop, then email them to me; I'll use them to try to determine the cause of the crash.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]