By JDHill
Open the (grass) material you have applied to the ground plane in the plugin's material editor, click the top node in the layers tree to show the main material parameters page, and check the Shadow checkbox under Rendering Options. Only materials with this option enabled will receive shadows when rendering the shadow channel.
By adri
Thanks JD !!!!
By adri
Thanks for the help JD.

Jsut as a follow up is it possible to output to a multilayered tif file in one render? Or has each layer got to be rendered out seperately?

TIA

Adri
By JDHill
No problem, and no, rendering out to separate images for each channel is just how Maxwell works. They're all rendered at the same time though, so the only real difference is that you have to comp them together however it works best for each particular scenario.
By adri
hmmm...Overnight render fails on the shadow pass! Shi&!!

Here's the RGB with clear tree shadows:

And here's the shadow pass with no tree shadows:

Can anyone help with this? I haven't a clue what's wrong.

TIA

Adri
By adri
It'd be very welcome if someone could comment on this...nudge nudge...

Thanks

Adri
By JDHill
I don't use the feature much, so I can really only tell you how to turn it on - you might want to re-post it as a more general shadow-channel related question in the Maxwell Render section of the forum.
By adri
Willdo, thanks for the help.
By JDHill
For what it's worth, I tried to duplicate what I see in your images (trees, grass plane, sun, etc.) , and the shadow channel is working fine, so maybe you also want to include some information about how you're building the materials - there could be some clues there.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]