By adri
Is there any way of predicting where sunlight is going to fall? I'm doing the inside of a building and it would be very helpful to know where the sun is going to hit the walls/floor etc.

TIA

Adri
By JDHill
If you mean something like showing shadows in the Cinema viewport, then the answer is no. However, the Scene object has a visual indicator which can show you where the sun is shining from - see pg. 21 in the manual for details on how to use this feature.
By Mr. Gog
JD:

Maybe the plug in should include a sun object instead of a litle sphere. We could preview shadows with cinema engine...in that way.
By JDHill
It will probably be better if the plugin would scan the scene for a regular Cinema Sun object and use the position from that. I'll see if I can do that.
By Mr. Gog
Yeahh!

Maybe the sky object must be included!
By Becco_UK
The plugins' ground rotation feature is a great little feature too - I only just discovered that today! Ideal for adjusting position of shadows without having to turn the actual Cinema scene.
By deadalvs
hey JD .. long time no see, well since last siggraph .. :)

is there a feature in cinemaxwell that orients the sun to a null ?
that'd be really cool. i guess in maya it works pretty well..

greeets !
By JDHill
Hey deadalvs, sorry but no, as of yet the sun position must be specified by date/time/location/rotation in the Maxwell Scene object; I have not yet hooked up a way of setting it explicitly using an arbitrary location.

I hope the springtime finds you doing well - cheers! :)
By deadalvs
thanks, man ..

well, springtime makes me sneeze all the time .. damn hayfever ! :)

hail maxwell ! hail renderfarms ! :wink:
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]