By zoppo
Definitely the best plugin so far. After a lot of Vray projects i decided to give MW another chance, and up to now I'm not regretting it.

Thanks for all your efforts, JD!
By Mr. Gog
Excellent.
Stable, easy and efficent...
Very pleased with it..

Thanks JD!
By Rochr
Unfortunatly i still suffer from the same issues i had with the last plugin.
I´m forced to run with 1.7f.

It does work well but it kinda sucks not beeing able to use any of the new features. :cry:
By JDHill
I assumed since I didn't hear back that reinstalling Cinema may have taken care of this. So, is the situation still one where you see Maxwell for Cinema 4D being mentioned in the splash screen as Cinema starts up, but then there is no Maxwell item in the Plugins menu?
  • just for testing, have you tried making sure Maxwell is the only plugin present in the Cinema /plugins directory?
  • after Cinema has finished loading, if you open main menu > Windows > Console, do you find any Maxwell-related messages printed there?
  • have you tried renaming the /prefs directory and letting Cinema re-create it at the next start-up, just to make sure there is not some issue with the layout? (in R11, this would be located somewhere in your documents folder, you can get there from Cinema using main menu > Edit > Preferences > Common and clicking the Open Folder button; in older versions, the /prefs folder should be found in the Cinema directory)
I'll try to think of some other possibilities.
By Rochr
Hey JD.

Sorry for not getting back the last time.
No, unfortunatly reinstalling didn´t help either so i went back to 1.7f again.

The issue is slightly different this time, with Maxwell showing up in the plugins list. (always a start... :roll: )
Although i still keep getting the error message about "omxrendersettings.res' Line 416".

I tried all your suggestions above with no luck i´m afraid.

Perhaps i should add that i can mess around with the default options and so on. The issue seem to pop up only when i create a Settings object and the cursor passes over it.
By JDHill
Oh, this is much better than before; at least we are getting some communication from Cinema. :) I would have to guess that if it is complaining about something in omxrendersettings.res, that there is somehow an old version of that file being read. I seem to recall that I had another user who was just unzipping the new plugin over the top of the old one, and it was not correctly overwriting some of the files - this could be a possible cause, so make sure you completely remove the whole 1.7f plugin and move it to a completely different directory before copying the newly-unzipped 1.8.1.5 plugin folder into the Cinema plugin directory.
By Rochr
I believe we were cheering to quickly.
Apparently the only thing causing Maxwell to show up was the old 1.7f plugin.

Just tried cleansing the entire plugins-folder and installing only 1.8.1.5 and now it´s back to square 1. :cry:

This is driving me nuts... :lol:
By JDHill
So that was 1.7f complaining about bits and pieces of 1.8.1.5 - not the other way around. And there's nothing at all printed in the Console. Is there a Maxwell entry in the Cinema Preferences page?
By Rochr
Well, not sure which version complained about which.
There´s nothing in the console or preferences page either.
Definitely a mystery.
By JDHill
I found the other post and realized it was you I was referring to with the unzip-over issue, so sorry about forgetting that. I can't say that I have many more ideas at this point though...I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy of XP x64 next week to try to duplicate your environment completely - can you let me know whether you've installed SP1/SP2 there?
By Rochr
I really appreciate the help and any suggestions you have JD.

I have SP2 installed.
And i´m using C4D version R11.021 (64 Bit)(Build RC14906).
By JDHill
Thanks, I'll see what I can learn. In the meantime, would it be possible for you to at least temporarily install a 32bit copy of Cinema to see if the issue is also present in that case?
By Rochr
Sure. I´ll let you know as soon as i´ve tested it.

I´ll also try messing around here with new drivers and a few programs to see if they may be causing this. Can´t hurt anyway.
By Rochr
Ok, this was simple enough. Cinema install both versions by default. :)

I can confirm that the new plugin works well with the 32-bit version of R11.

Horray. :)
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]