By JDHill
I don't really mean anything specific - I am just looking at the code and trying to figure out what factors might cause it to
place a // into the path. I was thinking that if the path was being specified through a symlink or alias or something along
those lines, that there might be some odd configuration coming into play. Just keep an eye on it and let me know if you
can think of anything special about how you set up your system that is different than a standard setup in some way.
By garbage75
hi JD,

nothing special in m configuration... I have only the original macintosh HD and another internal disc... nothing else.. I have OSX 10.5.6 up to date.. cinema 4d 11.. maxwell up to date..
So I don't really know what's could happen when I use Cinemaxwell 1.8.1.5
I put the folder scena_Walter in the root of macintosh HD.. open cinema.. set the destination folder on scena_Walter brownsing with the tag scene of cinemaxwell... and then the result is what we know... the double //!!
And the bad trouble is that the same thing happen on my laptop macbookpro... the same thing!!

:shock: :shock:

PS: After some try, I notice that this happen when I put the working folder, in this case, scena_Walter in the root of the disc macintosh HD.. in the same level of Sistema for understanding... if I put the folder in any other subfolder of macintosh HD the plugin work fine... this could help you?
By JDHill
It might help, so thanks for the info. Path-handling is one of the trickiest parts in the Cinema plugin since it has to deal simultaneously with Windows-style paths, Apple-style HFS paths, and the POSIX-style paths that OSX uses underneath the user-interface. It has to convert between these, and to do so on OSX it has to rely on OSX path-conversion functions. Also, Cinema handles them differently depending on which version you are running, so there is alot of room for error.
By garbage75
Hi JD thanks a lot for reply....

so I hope that you could find the solution for tihis trouble.. as soon as possible...
I would like to thank you for your support... and hoping to hear for you with good news soon.
If I could find any other precious info I wil let you know...
Thanks a lot
Walter
By garbage75
hi at all,

and particular JD... :D :D
any news about the issue that I post days ago??
I hope so..
best
By JDHill
No, not really, since I have not been able to duplicate the issue here. If I understand the situation correctly though, it is working fine when you use a subfolder, so I'd have to suggest you use that workaround. If anyone else reports a similar thing it could help, but until then I just don't have enough information to identify the cause.
By garbage75
oh no.... so bad!!!! I hope that finally was easy to solve this problem!!!
I'm the ONE in the world to have this issue.. incredible!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
By macray
how is it JD - can we expect another update to fix some errors in the current plugin (XRefs not loadings materials when not on top of hirarchy; alpha bugs..) before 2.0 is out and we have to pay for it again?
By JDHill
Yes, there will be an update coming; my other two plugins were in need of attention after the time spent writing the new Cinema plugin, but I'm currently back working in the Cinema code. So, please let me know of any other bugs you've found in the meantime.
By JorisMX
pleaaaaaaassee pleaaaase inplement pack & go so I can move my mxs including mxms and correct file path to the renderfarm instead of using mxmchecker and studio :)

Oh, another thing bugging me was when using render region/blow up the mxs file the plugin exports would not render like a _tmp.mxm studio generates but like a rendering exported from cinema with out any region at all.

This is pretty annoying when I try to render close-ups and or segments that need rerendering etc. on my network.

It would also be nice if the region UI would not use % but perhaps a positioning value similar to indesign or other layout apps. That way it is a lot easier to match to edges of region renders instead of using wide overlap areas to compensate the lack of control.
By spekoun
I like your plugin. I did not find any bug.
Only stuff bothers me is naming mxs files during animation export . When i export frames 100-200, mxs files got names 000-101. I have to rename rendered frames and I often make some mistake.
I would welcome showing clipmap with texture in viewport, but this is detail.
By tennet
Hi, I really like this new plugin. What really bothers me though is that the preview in the material editor isn't updated if I adjust brightness, contrast etc. for a texture. Also inverted textures isn't previewed as inverted. This would be nice to have in the next update.
By jc4d
tennet wrote:Hi, I really like this new plugin. What really bothers me though is that the preview in the material editor isn't updated if I adjust brightness, contrast etc. for a texture. Also inverted textures isn't previewed as inverted. This would be nice to have in the next update.
Agree
By JDHill
Hey all, thanks for the feedback. I did not reply here until now because I was still working on the code, and it is never certain how well some ideas are going to come together. It looks very hopeful now that we will have saturation/contrast/brightness/rgbMin/rgbMax working in the texture editor, and also in the viewport.

Cheers...
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]