By dyarza
Hi all,

There seems to be a problem with the GMT offset in the Cinemaxwell plug-in under OSX. It has been happening all along (at least to me), and I was hoping that 1.6 would solve things but no.

Under the sky settings I specify lat-lon. 47 -122 (Roughly Seattle, USA) and GMT -800.

Working on a Windows PC this works just fine. Under OSX, not so much. I keep getting black renders, or sun settings way off what I am expecting. So, if I open the resulting MXS in Studio, I can confirm that GMT is set to 1 so for some reason my -800 did not get exported. It is worth noting that I have city set to "Custom" so that is not overriding anything, or should not.

Strangely enough, if I set GMT to 800 it does export as such, but then of course my sun is off by 12 hours.

Could there be a problem with the negative value in -800? Maybe why it is getting exported as 1?

Can anyone on OSX confirm this behavior please?

Thanks a bunch.
By Thomas An.
Does the auto-gmt work ?
By Mihai
Why are you setting GMT to 800? It should be set by hours. GMT New York for example is -6.
By dyarza
I was under the impression that you had to multiply by 100 in teh GMT values for C4D. On PC -800 certainly seems to work. In studio -6 is correct, but in the plug in -600 is needed? Rendertaxi's C4D sky to MR sky seems to multiply by 100 as well.

In any case, I get the same problem is I just enter -8 for Seattle. The value if I open the file in studio is 1.

Thanks,
By dyarza
Thomas An. wrote:Does the auto-gmt work ?
I am not seeing an "auto" option in the plug in, just in Studio.

I am doing some more testing, and what I come up with is that any negative number in the GMT value will result in a 0, not a 1 as I had thought.

So, it seems as if I am limited to half of the globe, as the max value is 1200 which results in GMT 12 if opened in Studio, and no negative values work.

Can anyone confirm this behavior under OSX? As I mentioned before, I have no such problems under Windows. Tyrone? I think you have mentioned OSX before, do you have access to both?

Anyone, anyone...?

Please check, thanks.

D
By Tyrone Marshall
Mihai, in the Cinema 4D plugin, GMT is in the form of hundreds place, so a GMT of 8 is 800. There is not a Auto-GMT function in the cinema 4D plug-in at the moment.

Dyarza, there is a bug with negative GMT in the plug-in. Thanks for the reporting this, I will forward.
By dyarza
Thanks Tyrone!

D
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]