By Becco_UK
Now the next thing I have done is removed the new 1.6f plugin and replaced it with the last Maxwell 1.5 Cinema plugin.

The Maxwell Render 1.6 engine is still installed. The airscrew renders correctly with this combination of new engine and old plugin which further indicates a broken new plugin?
By Becco_UK
I've placed a dummy airscrew into a Cinema4D 9.6 (Windows) scene and zipped it for download from:

Link Removed

The zip file also includes a mxm file written by the new plugin.

Please let me know when this file is retreived so that I can delete the link.
Last edited by Becco_UK on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Kabe
Thanks Becco, I think the beta team has nailed it down pretty well doing
numerous tests on that issue during the weekend.

There's a bug that sneaked in very late in the beta cycle, when we were
testing different stuff. :oops:

We know the exact version when it appeared and the nature of the problem,
so I'm confident it will be fixed soon. Until then you have to use the 1.5 version
of the plugin together with 1.6, which should work just fine.

After all, having all the plugins released on the same date is a bit of a risk.
However, I think it's better to go outside with it than to hide it further,
because in the end hundreds of users will always find some stuff that
escaped the beta testers (who invest a lot of their spare time in it).

So, maybe try to remember the situation next time when you stumble
over such a thing. We're all just humans, and we try to do our best in
the interest of all the users out here and elsewhere.

Cheers

Kabe
By Becco_UK
Kabe: Thank you for your endevours.

I understand that faulty things can sometimes go unnoticed if they are not in a correct testing procedure. I suppose I noticed the problem fairly quickly because of using Maxwells motion blur fairly often over the past few months.

It should be noted that Maxwell users also invest spare time in trying to resolve problems. Over the past 25 years, or so, I have aquired a good 'feel' for when something is not working correctly with 3D software and always attempt to resolve the problem prior to raising the issue. That is why you will not find many of my posts in the Maxwell forums asking for assistance.

The old plugin/ new engine combination has already provided a temporary fix until a revised plugin is released.
By juan
Hi all,

To keep you updated, the issue with motion blur in the C4D plugin is fixed. We are going to test it a bit more to be sure it works in all conditions and after that we will release an update. Thanks to all for reporting and specially to the testers for the fantastic work they have done with the new C4D plugin, we could fix it quickly because of you :)

Juan
By jespi
Thanks Juan, these are good news. And thanks to betatester to.
By Becco_UK
It is nice to learn that it was fixed so promptly following initial denials that anything was wrong.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]