By Rochr
Some good news in the newsletter i see.

I´m a little puzzled though about the b&w material and what it´s for, since the MXM material seem to show up in the viewport just fine without it. Does those b&w patterns show the mapping or what?

And does the mxm-tab on the right mean that we finally can skip dragging a C4D texture tag into the MXM tab?

"Textures can now also be rendered in the Cinema4D render to be able to adjust the placement of textures doing fast previews, without starting MXCL"
The person that came up with this should be awarded!
By dynaraton
I'm also unclear, but the news of not doing double texture placement is fantastic. It looks like NextLimit has delivered. If they did indeed....I will put Maxwell in my production. 8)
Lets see and hope about stability issues.
By Eric Lagman
I am also wondering about this. It seemed kinda vague. Like will we still have to have a folder full of mxm files somewhere, or will they now be embedded into the cinema file. Keeping track of separate mxm files that are used in a scene can be a real pain the way it is now. Also it looke from those images like you still have to launch the external material editor to make changes to a maxwell material instead of right there in cinema. Somehow I am getting the feeling it will still not be fully integrated with this update.
By dynaraton
I will be surprised if the maxwell material is embeded in the cinema material system. Does anyone know if Maya has this feature in their plug-in? It seems that they have the best plug-in of all others.
If they do maybe we will. If they don't I think we won't.
By Rochr
But just beeing able to see the materials mapped in the viewport will save a lot of time no doubt.
Even better if the third tag is no longer necessary. That alone could easily save me days on a normal scene.

I´m also hoping this will be a stable release with nothing else broken. It would be nice to finally be able to use it for production work.
By Tyrone Marshall
Think of this as the first step in better integration. The material is within Cinema 4D and available for use as any other standard material in Cinema 4D. For editing of the actual file there is at the moment dependence on external reliance on MXED.
By dynaraton
Thanks Tyrone for the info. I'm just glad we were not forgotton. I think we ranked #1 or #2 on the user list at one time.
At least now the workflow will be much quicker.
By Mihai
Rochr wrote: I´m a little puzzled though about the b&w material and what it´s for, since the MXM material seem to show up in the viewport just fine without it. Does those b&w patterns show the mapping or what?
The checker pattern? It was just used to make it clearer that there were multiple materials used and that they work with the preview as well.
By Rochr
Mihai wrote:
Rochr wrote: I´m a little puzzled though about the b&w material and what it´s for, since the MXM material seem to show up in the viewport just fine without it. Does those b&w patterns show the mapping or what?
The checker pattern? It was just used to make it clearer that there were multiple materials used and that they work with the preview as well.
Thanks for the clarification Mihai.
I thought that had something to do with the new Maxwell material they referred to in the newsletter. Makes more sence now. :)
By kizo
finally some good news :)
I haven't been using maxwell for a looong time, so I hope this new plug will change things

will it suport all functions present in other plugins?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]