By lichtwerk
Hi Nicole,

I definitly don't want to sound boring, but can You give us any hint as far as the development of the cinema plugin is concerned?

Thanks,

Julian
By jespi
Yes, please Nicole share with us some news about the new cinemaxwell plugin.

Cheers.
By dynaraton
Same here. I can't use Maxwell for my architectural work because of the work-flow issues. Its faster elsewhere.
Please let us know if we should hold on.
By nicole
Hi everyone,

We want to keep you updated with the dev state of the new C4D plug-in, but of course it would be easier if we had good news....
Unfortunately, after work had already started on the new plug-in, the programmer who was coding it suddenly had to leave the project. We are currently looking for new programmers and have some high-profile people on our list, but it takes time to find new, good coders that we can trust.

In the meantime we will continue to improve and update the current plug-in; we will continue to support Cinema 4D and its community and users and we hope to be able to bring you good news about the new C4D plug-in soon.

Thanks for your support,

Nicole
By jespi
I don´t know what say, that is a very bad new but i hope NL solve it very soon. Thanks Nicole for the info.
By AndreD
Sad, sad and sad..

MW (release) is out for more then one year, fry user have a much better plugin even in beta stage..

unbelievable to me :lol:
By lllab
thanks for the honest answer Nicole!

hope a new, good developer is found;-)
cheers
stefan
By Carl007
nicole wrote: suddenly had to leave the project.
Are you kidding?

Who at NL is responsible for the c4d plugin?

How come this info is handed by request only?

Are you from "teh dark side"?
By nicole
Hey guys,

We really appreciate your support and also understand your frustration. Next Limit is responsible for the C4D plug-in, there is not one person solely responsible for it.
The developer left the project quite recently, and we were trying to find new coders quickly so that we could bring you some good news too, but it is taking longer than expected to find good people...

And no, I'm not from the dark side.

Cheers,

Nicole
By AndreD
at least, the latest version of cinemaxwell seems to be stable and almost bugfree :-) :wink:
why not keeping the current code and building some kind of bridge to the cinema material system?!
By jespi
AndreD wrote:at least, the latest version of cinemaxwell seems to be stable and almost bugfree :-) :wink:
why not keeping the current code and building some kind of bridge to the cinema material system?!
The actual cinemaxwell plugin does not work fine exporting animation and for me is not too much stable.
By sunmade
wow, I just read that there was no Cinema 4D developper anymore.... ;-(

that's so frustrating.

I hope you will keep up the development for Cinema 4D.

Nicole, please keep us updated.

Thank you very much.

regards

Chris
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]