Hi all,

I am using the much celebrated expresso to link C4D to M~R sky settings and am having a problem with the latitude and longitude settings not coming in. The format for lattitude and longitude settings in C4D is degrees, minutes, seconds, whereas M~R has decimal degrees. When i try to inspect the result of the latitude output in the sky node, I get something like 0.144 which is not at all what I was expecting.

The GMT is also not getting transmitted to the M~R node somehow. The result out of the node is right but the sky settings do not update.

Tyrone? Any input? Is this working for anyone? I was thinking that since I did not download the file but rater recreated it from Tyrone's screenshot, I was missing something, but I just downloaded the original and it is doing the same thing.

Thanks,
By rendertaxi
hello dyarza,

give me till tomorrow when i´m at work to check the expression again. the translation of the gmt value should work. we use this expression in our daily work in the office.. but i will check the actual cinema-file on our server.

thanks or your patience.

alex
By rendertaxi
dyarza,
i downloaded our file from the server and checked it. it works as it is supposed to. c4d sky and mw sky are in sync. please make sure you download the file for c4d 10 (link further down in the sticky post).
if you continue having problems with the link, may be you send me an email with the file you use for me to check.

best, alex
By dyarza
Alex,

Sorry it's been so long but I had a deadline that took my focus away from this for a while.

I found the problem. In my M~R Sky I had a location from the list of presets selected in my default options. This seems to override the value that the expression gives it and it sent me looking in all the wrong places.

If you set the default value to custom then it works without a problem.

Thanks,

D
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]