By lllab
hi nicole, tyron or kabe,

is the corrected plugin with the functional mxms released or will it soon? nicole said this is already fixed so it would be nice to release it to us, as the cinemamaxwellplugin is not usable obviously without the ability to use and adjust mxms.

it would be really nice to be able to use the otherwise really nice 1.5 update.

the skytime bug could be fixed as a second step if that is too hard. here i juts add 3 hours and then i know how it should be.

cheers
stefan
By mmhnemo
I too was hoping for a timely update.
Especially reviewing the history of cinema plugins now i'd appreciate a closer relationship between nl and the cinema community. Spread out more beta plugins for more people to test = more + quicker bughunting.
Just make sure anyone understands it is a development version and I'm certain there will be several people willing to support this process in a professional manner.

regards Nicholas
By Tyrone Marshall
I do understand your request and you have a point.

But please understand the position of beta testers and plugin developers.

That at this time, there is no way after all the flak the beta testers and plugin developers have taken that we are going to rush into releasing any thing further.

The good news is we are testing as we always have.

When it is ready and tested, you shall have. Never again sooner than that truth.

At the moment, the newer plugin release is not ready, and as such, you will have to wait.
By mashium123
I find it really important to show that you're interested in customers needs by releasing patches, when you feel you have fixed an issue (the sky - time - issue for instance).

We - the ones who paid the developers cheques (indirectly that is) - would know that this is only a bugfix of a certain bug... nothing more nothing less... at least we could work with the correct sun position!!! (At least this issue has been solved, so Nicole)
This is s.th. different imho then releasing an update of the complete plug.

In this context, I really wonder, what you feel is "ready"...?
What is the goal here? Max/Maya-plug qualities or JDHills greaaaaat rhino-plug? When this is what you call "ready", then I would have to completely forget the cinemaxwell plug! Concerning the development history of our plug until now, this level will never be reached...

In this context it was sooo great to hear from Nicole that there is a parallel plug-project running!
But until this one becomes "releasable&ready", fix the bugs here on my comp you already fixed in your lab!

It's your choice to take critics as part of a basis for progression or to feel flakked (?!) and put on your shield in this war (?!?)
So, what's your plan?
Are you gonna hide this development behind you shield until it reaches god-ish functionality or what?

I still can't believe: you already had your release date... but you're holding back the solution of a bug (sky-time), that you already fixed?!
How can that be???
By Tyrone Marshall
mashium123 wrote:I find it really important to show that you're interested in customers needs by releasing patches, when you feel you have fixed an issue (the sky - time - issue for instance).

We - the ones who paid the developers cheques (indirectly that is) - would know that this is only a bugfix of a certain bug... nothing more nothing less... at least we could work with the correct sun position!!! (At least this issue has been solved, so Nicole)
This is s.th. different imho then releasing an update of the complete plug.

In this context, I really wonder, what you feel is "ready"...?
What is the goal here? Max/Maya-plug qualities or JDHills greaaaaat rhino-plug? When this is what you call "ready", then I would have to completely forget the cinemaxwell plug! Concerning the development history of our plug until now, this level will never be reached...

In this context it was sooo great to hear from Nicole that there is a parallel plug-project running!
But until this one becomes "releasable&ready", fix the bugs here on my comp you already fixed in your lab!

It's your choice to take critics as part of a basis for progression or to feel flakked (?!) and put on your shield in this war (?!?)
So, what's your plan?
Are you gonna hide this development behind you shield until it reaches god-ish functionality or what?

I still can't believe: you already had your release date... but you're holding back the solution of a bug (sky-time), that you already fixed?!
How can that be???
I do not control the release dates. We are not holding back any solutions, consequently, the issue is not fully corrected. So to release a plug in that only fixes half of the problem is not a good one in my opinion. I doubt you will find much support in this idea to release a plug in that only fixes half of a problem.

And please note, you will maintain professional conduct in this forum, while I understand your questions, this kind of response will not be tolerated. We can discuss all of this in a manner of respect but I will not tolerate this for any extended length of time. I do not understand what "war" you refer to but there will be none of that in this forum. If you insist, then there will be steps taken to remove any elements that constitute any actions that move in this kind of direction.

So once again, you will have to wait.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]