By deadalvs
hi there...

normally i work with maya, so i feel a little as a stranger here... :)

in the cinemaxwell workflow, does the plugin also export native materials, meaning convert them to maxwell materials?

could one please explain very shortly the workflow with the cinema tags ?

thanks !
By deadalvs
please, this is a very simple one ...
By jc4d
Hi deadalvs, i don't use maya but the shaders (procedural) texture native of C4D can be exported to M~R just assign the shader that you want into the color or bump channel or any channel that you want, eg. Make Simple turbulence shader and apply to any obect and assign the mapping option like cubic, then in the cinemaxwell render option tab you have a texture shader option resolution and assign the res that you want.
I don't have C4D in front on me right now, sorry.

The cinema tags is a specific command for each object in order to compose your scene, so you can assign (speaking about texture for example) one or many texture tags to the objects, to do this make a default material and play with the differents channels when you done drag this material to the object that you want to texture and play with the mapping options.
If you want apply a M~R texture tag press RMB over the object and go to maxwell tags and assign that you want.
Hope i explain well :oops:

Cheers
JC
By deadalvs
it helped me a lot, thanks !!

got the info i need !!

yay !
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]