By Maya69
I read a new plug for max is avaible with fur rendering ( a new update)

For cd4 could think have the same stuff in a near futur
By Boris Ulzibat
Maya69 wrote:I read a new plug for max is avaible with fur rendering ( a new update)

For cd4 could think have the same stuff in a near futur
Maxon Haid can be rendered straightly from Cinema 4D with the new plug!
Have no time to explain, will do it later if you wish!
It is really easy and straightforward!
By spekoun
Yes Boris Explain please!!!
By Boris Ulzibat
spekoun wrote:Yes Boris Explain please!!!
It is very easy as i said already.
All the extra steps you need to do to get your hair/fur/grass render correctly is:
1 Click on "generate" tab in hair attributes and change TYPE setting from "None" to either flat, triangle, square or circle. (defines the shape of the hair's crossection)
2 Set the desired number of hairs to be rendered and number of length segments of hair ("Hairs" tab).
3 Set a desired material to the hair object. (the hair material doesn't give colour to hairs, only shape in case of rendering with M~W)

Presuming you have already done all the setup for the hair shape, you only need to hit render, and that's all!

EDIT!
Be sure to make the parent object editable!
The scene gives errors when exporting the mxs with a sphere as a hair parent, not made editable!
By spekoun
Ah so, this almost same like with DPIT... So Maxwell translates hair into polys... Simple... It is time to try it out...

Thx :wink:
By Boris Ulzibat
spekoun wrote:Ah so, this almost same like with DPIT... So Maxwell translates hair into polys... Simple... It is time to try it out...

Thx :wink:

DPIT? What is it?

Not maxwell, but Cinema does it itself, when you turn on the "Generate" option.
By Maya69
thank for reponse

for now i have a no hair module

but my question is for grass hair plug in + maxwell is a good solution ?
By Boris Ulzibat
Maya69 wrote:thank for reponse

Yes, hair plug + Maxwell is a good solution for grass.
Look in my post in the Gallery section - there is a picture made with Hair, but not looking like hair!
By jurX
here is a link to DPit

http://www.dpit2.de/
By spekoun
Maya69 wrote:thank for reponse

I made some simple tests. It is a good solution, but it have one big limitation. Hair in C4D is rendered very quickly and gives superb renders. But exporting to maxwell makes milions of polys. So if you do not mind milions of poly, then go for it. It works fine.
By Boris Ulzibat
spekoun wrote: I made some simple tests. It is a good solution, but it have one big limitation. Hair in C4D is rendered very quickly and gives superb renders. But exporting to maxwell makes milions of polys. So if you do not mind milions of poly, then go for it. It works fine.
I guess for distant grass, it is enough to have few segments per hair, and if you need a close-up - you can always position some fine detailed grass in front of low detailed background...
By w i l l
Becco do you know if Maxwell can render 'Fur' in Cinema.... not 'Hair'. Can't get fur to render. Have you tried it?

btw, still the same request over and over but, rou[…]

So far my only option was to ungroup (my group wa[…]

Thanks Miguel I know 5.2+ is a big development hi[…]

SketchUp 2021 Update

Hi Alberto, Many thanks for taking the time to ma[…]