By seco7
I haven't got it to work either, is there some way to "exactly" match the name in the name field with something in the Studio material editor?
By Becco_UK
I haven't found time to try the new plugin yet. If this has to be fixed by Next Limit you could, in the meantime, open the saved mxs in Maxwell Studio and sort out material problems there?

From your Maxwell render it looks as though the plugin is working ok, if not perfect?

I like the colour changes to the tags but small things easily please me :D
By arch4d
beside that custom mxm doesn´t work from the plugin, i´m quite happy now with the plugin.

i rendered the scene for a few seconds, then stopped opened the mxs in studio, and reapplied customs.

but jc4d, what kind of image did u use for that test ?
when i had cinema materials with maps apllied to objects and then hit render, it said to me "couldn´t create map" and didn´t render.

that were jpg´s.

Are you using other formats ?
By Tyrone Marshall
arch4d wrote:beside that custom mxm doesn´t work from the plugin, i´m quite happy now with the plugin.

i rendered the scene for a few seconds, then stopped opened the mxs in studio, and reapplied customs.

but jc4d, what kind of image did u use for that test ?
when i had cinema materials with maps apllied to objects and then hit render, it said to me "couldn´t create map" and didn´t render.

that were jpg´s.

Hello Arch4D,

I have a tip for you, instead of stopping the rendering from the plugin, leave the RGB render check box unchecked and the plugin should just export out a mxs scene. Then you can just open it in studio to fine tune materials.
By arch4d
thanks tyrone !

really good tip.

err, and please check the link you posted to see the buglist,
it creates a new topic in C4D Forum.

And please would you tell me what kind of texture image format works ?

ah, sorry, that weren´t you, but perhaps you know it ?
By Tyrone Marshall
arch4d wrote:thanks tyrone !

really good tip.

err, and please check the link you posted to see the buglist,
it creates a new topic in C4D Forum.

And please would you tell me what kind of texture image format works ?

ah, sorry, that weren´t you, but perhaps you know it ?
I personally have converted all my textures to TGA since the first Alpha.

I am not sure what the case is yet for the RC, I am slowly working my way to more complex scenes with the new release.

I have heard .bmp works and maybe .png. I am going to stick with tga unless it does not work with the RC (might be a bug for the time being, not tested yet!).
By jc4d
arch4d wrote: but jc4d, what kind of image did u use for that test ?

that were jpg´s.

Hi, arch4d in this moment I´m in the office so I don´t have MR with me, but if I remember well is a jpg with absolute path. :)
By zoppo
for me jpg works - and they don't need an absolute path.
By Tyrone Marshall
zoppo wrote:for me jpg works - and they don't need an absolute path.
Correct that was fixed in the one of the 0.6 series plugin for Cinemaxwell.
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]