By martyc
I'm having trouble with the emitter being too weak, I couldn't get the emiter to work at all in LW, until in frustration I pushed the watts to 20,000 from the provided 100w MXM file. To get more light from a cube object, I used 1 million watts and still could barely light the scene. what governs this intensity in LW or in Maxwell? :idea: ?
By Mihai
Check you camera settings as well, and see if the scene scale is correct. You could open up the mxs file in Studio and check scale and emitter intensity. You can use the viewport grid in Studio to see if the mxs is the correct scale.
By martyc
[quote="Mihai"]Check you camera settings as well, and see if the scene scale is correct. You could open up the mxs file in Studio and check scale and emitter intensity. You can use the viewport grid in Studio to see if the mxs is the correct scale.[/quote]

what would that scale be normally for a 10 x 20M room? I'll get back to you. Thanks, MC
By Mihai
You can check with the grid indicator in the lower right corner of the viewport, it will tell you the length between each thick grid line. Or you can set your grid to absolute size from Preferences (OpenGL) and see how big your model is compared to the grid.
By numerobis
did you check how far away your model is from the origin? is your scene centered?
By martyc
Origin is centered, the only scale number I see is object "normal size" which is .100 no I can't find any camera control that would fix this flashlight. batteries running out. patience too, but physical sky is good, dome too, I'll just crank the watts to a million when I use object mxm lights., I suppose. :cry:
By Fernando Tella
Is there any "unit setup" in lightwave? It's very important. Maxwell distributes the light intensity of the mxm emitter over the geometry you have applied it to; thus, a 100W emitter will be hardly noticeable if it's applied to a 100m x 100m plane.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]