By RonB
I am working on a fairly large scene involving a Poser character and lots of clipped mapped foliage. The scene is setup in Layout, textured, Maxwell Render Ops set and exported as an MXS. This scene crashed immediately so I went through each object to make sure each had clean polys, merged points, no strays and all tri's...did that 3X to make sure.
Converted all the image maps to PNG's and started from scratch with a new scene. Added one object to the scene at a time in Layout, exported and test rendered in Studio. I have about 1/3 of the objects in and a strange thing is happening...The poly count is 190,600. When I add another object to the scene some other object will not load from the MXS or will load and be in the preview but not show up in the render.
When it first happened I had brought in a bunch of ivy branches and the model's face vanished...created a new scene and together they rendered fine. I am sure it has something to do with the poly count or some setting I am unaware of.

Any ideas about this? All thoughts appreciated...

Cheers,
Ron
By Mihnea Balta
Wait, who crashes? Does Layout crash when you try to export as MXS, does Studio crash when you try to load the scene, or does MXCL crash when you try to render? :)

If Layout doesn't crash on export, can you try rendering directly from there? Does the image look right then?

Could you send me a scene which triggers the crash so we can debug it?
By RonB
Hi Mihnea,

MXCL crashes when trying to render...

What has me wondering is the last part of my post where things are going missing. I'll try to send the scene, models and textures is as it is now.

Thanks,
Ron
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]