By giacob
when i hit render the exporter try to render also layer object that are not selected to be rendered in the scene editor... if this is not a bug i ask: how to tell the plugin not export certain object layer i dont want to?
for instance .. i have to hide them?

besides a note: this new plugine seems to have much more problem in triangulating... the same scene that was tringulated without proble with previous version now are refesed...
Last edited by giacob on Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Mihnea Balta
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Why shouldn't it export all the layers?

Anyway, you can tell the exporter to skip an object (or layer) by bringing up the LW object properties ("p" key) and checking "Unseen by Rays" in the Render tab.

The only change made to the triangulator was to make it skip degenerate objects with less than 3 vertices. Can you send an object that fails to triangulate to mihnea.balta@gmail.com ?
By giacob
Mihnea Balta wrote:I'm not sure I understand the problem. Why shouldn't it export all the layers?

Anyway, you can tell the exporter to skip an object (or layer) by bringing up the LW object properties ("p" key) and checking "Unseen by Rays" in the Render tab.

The only change made to the triangulator was to make it skip degenerate objects with less than 3 vertices. Can you send an object that fails to triangulate to mihnea.balta@gmail.com ?
in this case i am trying to overcam the probllem this plugin has in triangulating object by not rendering that partucilar objectl ayer that gives problems....
but for instance i may need not to render all object layer for saving render time ( if want to render a room why to render also the rest of the building or object that are unsseen from the selected camera ).. i do this very often
anyway with the old plugin it just rendered the objet that were checked in the scene editor now it seems that render all the object unless u hide them.... if not a bug seems to be a change
By Mihnea Balta
The plug-in has been completely rewritten so some changes are inherent. When you said "the previous version" I thought you mean 1.5.5.

The render settings from the scene editor have not been implemented yet. They will be taken into account in a future build.
By giacob
ok its a temporary change .. i will solve hiding the object i dont want to render
thanks
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]