By RonB
I am all hot to get the updated LW plugin so I can work on this animation project in Maxwell.

In the meantime keeping busy modeling and baking surfaces and motions to cross over. One little gem I really like is LightGen for HDRShop and Lightwave. I wish there was a Maxwell version available. I like to play with the lights to adjust colors and intensity. I am working on a way to apply it to Maxwell. What I will do initially is a labor intensive work around but should work by copying the light settings to single polygons to use as emitters. I did another version of this scene along time ago but lost all the files for it so I am redoing it as I go...and naturally it's changing as it progresses.

Anyway here's what I have so far, lots more to add to it...no where near finished. THIS IS ALL LIGHTWAVE, NO MAXWELL YET.

Cheers, Ron

A quick animation test: http://www.dahothouse.com/work/MoodyGears.html

By giacob
congratulation ... is already very good as it is !!! very good job
By WillMartin
I'm hoping that the new plug-in release is what the doctor ordered for you so that you can make this already fantastic work even fantastic-er! :D
By RonB
Thanks guys! I'm almost ready to bring it to Maxwell....working on some dripping liquid as a Blender to Lightwave object that should them come into Maxwell for the animation...

Cheers, Ron
By WillMartin
Ron, looking at the pictures again I have one critique: I don't think that the axels within the transmission box of a Lamborghini Murcielago would look quite that old and cracked already. :D Looking forward to seeing this great stuff when it's in its state Maxwellian progress!

P.S. -- You're using Blender for animated water, eh? I knows that Blender also has that cool Ivy Generator that Tim Ellis showed off here (in the WIP area). I ask, how easy is it to incorporate Blender as you are into a LW workflow (to take advantage of these tools intrinsic to Blender that are so awesome)? Not too difficult or kind of a pain?
By RonB
Hi Will,
I am exactly where you are, I just down loaded the program and am going to get into a few tuts. At first glance it looks completely alien to me...not in the least intuitive as far as I can tell. There is a discussion on the SpinQuad forum about doing just what I am going to attempt. But most of those guys are real techys, (as most here are for that matter)...I am not, so I anticipate difficulties. I tried learning 3D Max a couple years ago and gave up, so that tells you where I'm at...But I am amazed at the level of sophistication that Blender has come to. A free program that is giving the big guys a run for their money! So I am going to give it a good try. Maybe we will see a Blender plugin for Maxwell down the road.

I will keep you updated as to my progress.

Cheers, Ron
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]