By roger1972
when the maxwell LW-plugin converts a texture-map to Maxwell
what the hell is happening, I cant get an image out without
lots of texture-errors. I made a wooden house with cubic texturing
to get a wood texture fill all walls. And I get a wierd triangling error
I allso get some black triangles sometimes.
The model is made in quads and trianglated before rendering.

Is maxwell making UV's automatic of the LW textures?
What type of UV does it make?
cubic ? spherical? atlas? or something else?

The best solution is to subpatch the whole thing and give it 100% on subpatch strengt. but the MXS filesize went from 84 to 340 megs.

So somebody pro. help me out here, or is the LW-plug just not finished developed yet?
Or is LW just a pile of crap?
By Hervé
Roger, there is a new LW plugin coming soon... :wink:

try triangulate your LW object before exporting it to mxs..(and maybe save it as a copy, then you still have your quads & tris object intact). I suppose you save the mxs (export) from the LW plugin, then open it in Studio...

H.
By roger1972
Hervé wrote:Roger, there is a new LW plugin coming soon... :wink:

try triangulate your LW object before exporting it to mxs..(and maybe save it as a copy, then you still have your quads & tris object intact). I suppose you save the mxs (export) from the LW plugin, then open it in Studio...

H.
have tried all kinds of triangulations, quads, unweld all polys, weld polys, subpatch everything (thats actually the most sucsessfull method)

tried setting up subpatchlevel to 3, and things get a little better...
but if you have a triangulated quad, sometime the texture is splitted on the
triangles and have another position on the texture (or very, very often)
that just break down my nervous system, when I have a client that want this
viz the day before....

If I just have known how that maxwell-plug makes UV's and transelate to maxwell rendrer, I could try to make a workaround...
By hdesbois
I ran into some weird texturing issues too. Here is how I proceed to fix it:
I make an UV set (atlas is ok) and bake the color channel in layout. Then I replace the original projection with UV type. The main drawback is that you'll probaly end with huge textures, but beside that it's working.
I whish there were a simpler way to deal with this issue, but i could not find it.
HD
By roger1972
hdesbois wrote:I ran into some weird texturing issues too. Here is how I proceed to fix it:
I make an UV set (atlas is ok) and bake the color channel in layout. Then I replace the original projection with UV type. The main drawback is that you'll probaly end with huge textures, but beside that it's working.
I whish there were a simpler way to deal with this issue, but i could not find it.
HD
Yep... And if you are going to texture a boulding containing 56 apartments
with wood and brick.. there's going to be a HUGE texture..
By Inaki
Hey Roger!

Did u try to use planar mapping???

I have experiment errors when I use cubic most of the the time so I go trough planars and uv's.

Thanks!
By Hervé
ok Roger... here is the thing... you have setup cubic mapping from LW surface panel... ok... save it... export the mxs... now in Studio.. open the projection list... and projection param panels... from pop up menu where it says lock... put it on cubic mapping.. and re-enter you'r numbers here...

other thing.. in object param panel, make the smoothing option on flat (if they are walls) and press recalc...

tell me if that helps... :wink:

and if you decide to go with UV'eing your object in LW... follow ThxRaph Method..
By roger1972
Hervé wrote:ok Roger... here is the thing... you have setup cubic mapping from LW surface panel... ok... save it... export the mxs... now in Studio.. open the projection list... and projection param panels... from pop up menu where it says lock... put it on cubic mapping.. and re-enter you'r numbers here...

other thing.. in object param panel, make the smoothing option on flat (if they are walls) and press recalc...

tell me if that helps... :wink:

and if you decide to go with UV'eing your object in LW... follow ThxRaph Method..
Yep... I should UV my objects instead... I try that...
By Hervé
or simply select your object in Studio (that is if you work in Studio), create a projector cubic.. and enter your values there... pretty straighforward..

but if you don't work in Studio, then yes good UV's are the key.. :wink:
By roger1972
Hervé wrote:or simply select your object in Studio (that is if you work in Studio), create a projector cubic.. and enter your values there... pretty straighforward..

but if you don't work in Studio, then yes good UV's are the key.. :wink:
I don't work in studio, to difficult to control an position camera and objects.
I'm to used to LW layout...
By Hervé
then if you don't want to uv all your walls, you could also use planar x & planar z, and make 2 identical materials... that will work from LW.. :wink:

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]