By giacob
it happens to me that if i clone an object in layout it doesnt render the material on it as the original does...
any clue of the reason?
By giacob
ANYBODY ESPEIENCE THE SAME?.., am i the only one?.. i keep having this bug and woukld like to know if is my fault or not please..
i will make an esample: i have a round table with 4 chair around which i clone 8 time in the scene .... to make the first table i imported an object called table then an object called chair and cloned the latter 4 times... then i cloned this group 8 times ...
the first table with its chairs render ok the other groups doesnt render the mxm ... :roll:
By Hervé
so, in fact the problem comes from cloning the groups which themselves are clones.. right..? are the original clones ok when rendering...

have you tried to make the groups after cloning.. or are you cloning the groups...?
By giacob
thanks for the answer.. here an example of the problem
as u can see the chair on the left are metal and wood, thosde on the left are just diffuse and are just theyr clone
By Hervé
when you say cloning.. you mean in Studio Maxwell... right..?
By giacob
i mean clone in Layout... i am using just the plugin.. not mxst..
By giacob
giacob wrote:thanks for the answer.. here an example of the problem
as u can see the chair on the left are metal and wood, thosde on the right are just diffuse and are just theyr clone
By Hervé
....mmmm then there is a problem with cloning in LW...

I suggest you clone the object in Modeler..
By giacob
well thanks.. herveè
By Hervé
it is a bug (pluginLW)... I've collected this one..

thanks to you for pointing Giacob.. :)
Last edited by Hervé on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By giacob
so it doesnt depends on layout.....but on the plug-in?..in the plugin u cant clone the clones?..... please a conferm that this is true ... if not i continue wasting my time in finding the mistake in layout... :?
By Hervé
well, when you clone your objects in LW layout, the information regarding the textures is only taken from the "master" object... not the other ones...

there is no way to clone from the plugin.. as far a I know.. , but cloning in Maxwell studio works.. that's sure..

(when you clone your objects in layout LW, it is good only fro LW, because clones or straight copied geometry, Maxwell does not know (from LW) and so 1 x 100 polygons or 10 x 10 polygons.. maxwell will always count 100.. this is why I said just mutiply them in Modeler.. and voila.. besides when looking at your image, we talk about a few chairs.. not a thousand..

the real + is going to be when Maxwell supports Instances.. :wink:

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]