the question is:
i have an mmx with these features:
-2 bsdf layer;
-texture 1 associated with projecton 1 on channel weigtmap of the two layer( wanna mix two texture with a bit map having a certain scale);
-texture 2 associated with projector 2 on channel diffuse of layer first bsdf ;
-texture 3 associated with projector 3 on channel diffuse of the second bsdf layer;
how do i map it correctly in lw!!!!
i would be very gratefull if u would give the more analithic (step by step )answer that is possible ...
Last edited by giacob on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
By glebe digital
Shouldn't your 3rd texture have a separate [3rd] projector also?
By giacob
glebe digital wrote:Shouldn't your 3rd texture have a separate [3rd] projector also?
yes
texture 1 have projector 1
texture 2 projector 2
texture 3 projector 3
3 different projector because the textures must have different scale...
i precise this:
i have a bump texture, textures 4, that, having the same scale of textures 3, have the same projectors, N. 3
By giacob
i would proceed this way:
create 3 uv map in order to have 3 projectors
make a surface
give it maxwell shader
assign the 3 uv map with the associated texures to 3 channels ( they can be whatever.. right?) for instance texture 1 (the weightmap textures) and uvmap 1 on color channel of the Lw surface .. texture and uvmap 2 on channel reflection, texture and uvmap3 on channell bump...
the problem is
which is the corrispondance between tewture , uvmap and channels of lw material and tewture , uvmap and channel of mxm material ?
.. whic Lw surface's texture channel , uvmap .. is associated to mxm texture, channel , uvmap
... i am getting mad
By giacob
since nobody answer my thought are:
-its too early to get an answer.. today is sunday.. not working day...
-the question is too much stupid... nobody has this problem but me
-nobody knows the answer.... :roll:
By Tim Ellis
This might not really help, but anyway......

I have not yet used multiple projectors on one mesh. However this is due to my methods when exporting geometry.
I split the objects according to their materials, this means each material will have it's own uv projector for the mesh covered by that material. So if one mesh has 3 materials, I split it to three seperate meshes, one mesh per material.

If you can apply this method with LWO, then you shouldn't run into multiple uv projector issues.

Again sorry if this is no help.

Tim.
By Calzada
Giacob, have you found an answer? I'm facing exactly the same problem: don't understand the corespondance betwen projector and lw UV map. So, i have to open studio, and reassign every projector to the right texture, one by one. I wish i could do that in lightwave using the plug.
By giacob
no i gave it up.... i apply just a projector and adjust the tiling whitin the mxm editor...
By ingo
Yeah, this projector stuff is pretty odd. I get endless projectors for every layer of my object and i have no clue where they all came from since they are not named.
So far i am happy to get all bitmaps from LW to Mx, sometimes even in correct size.
By hdesbois
I'm confused too by this projector thing: every projection used in the scene seems to be listed for each object. Beside of having more explicit names, wouldn't it be handy to be able to display only the projectors related to the selected object?
I'm not sure if we should add this to the plugin whish list, or if it's a studio matter.
HD

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]