By giacob
i foreword that i have been using LW for a few day for the first time in my life....
how to apply material in lw so as it wont give the not enough material on channel error when using mxm with more projector than just one...?
By glebe digital
I have no idea giacob :lol: but welcome to lightwaving! :)
By hdesbois
I don't know either. The safest way I found to deal with textures is to bake all my maps to some UV map. Atlas UV type does waste some pixels, but it's working ok, so I use it a lot. These projector 0, 1, etc. are a bit of a nuisance. Would be better to get the name of the projection from the app. At export time, it's ok to have a map just in the colour channel to identify the projector number.
If you are new to Lightwave, surface baking is hidden in the shader tab of the mat editor.
HD
By giacob
glebe digital wrote:I have no idea giacob :lol: but welcome to lightwaving! :)
that u all that seems to be expert lw users dont have the answer to this sound no good :cry:
anyway thanks...
harvèè .. what can u say a propo?
By hdesbois
Normally, it's ok to use different projectors in different channels for the same mxm. When do get that error? At export time? Mat preview?
HD
By giacob
the proble is that i dont know how to make different projector in LW
By hdesbois
Ok, you can do this two ways: in the material editor, just apply a texture in whatever channel you need, then chose "image" as type, and chose your projector type. Tweak as you like. You can apply a different projector for different channel.
If you need to apply any type of displacement to your meshes, it's safer to create some UV maps in modeler and use UV as projector type. You can have as many as you want for one mesh. You'll also need this if you want to bake some textures (for instance procedurals).
Hope this helps.
HD
By thxraph
giacob

if you want LW to export more than 1 projector by surface (mxm), map the color channel with the 1st one, then the bump chanel with the second on, you can also use transparency channel & probably some other as roughtness map of reflectance 0° map (diffuse channel i thing)

thxraph
By giacob
thxraph wrote:giacob

if you want LW to export more than 1 projector by surface (mxm), map the color channel with the 1st one, then the bump chanel with the second on, you can also use transparency channel & probably some other as roughtness map of reflectance 0° map (diffuse channel i thing)

thxraph
as simple as that?... good
thanks to all...

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]