By hdesbois
Sometimes, when exporting a scne through the plugin, I need to reverse the normals of some emitters in order to get the correct lighting. No idea why this happens. seems random. Did anybody noticed that?
HD
By hdesbois
Confirmed today. Seems to happen randomly. Not % sure, but it seems to happen to untripled polygons (but I haven't noticed anything with untripled polys when they are not emitters)...
HD
By Toxie
I had not really experience this case that much as in real life is not really common this type of light source and my test are focused to get real architectural light design... but another point:

when u trying to imitate real light conditions and u texture ur emitters with real watts values like 80, 100, 150, etc... Do ur emitters work fine??? I mean, do they emit light in a natural way or u need to make them much more powerfull to lit ur scene, or change drastically ur shutter speed setting???

I had the experience as i read in the forum than an emitter(material) with 100 watts is gonna be less lighter than a smaller emitter (object) with the same material applied. So:

If u have 4 lights in ur scene and each one is 100 wattios in real life, Should I multiply this value by 4( making the material 400 total wattios), to get the real light emission of each emitter as the energy is spread on 4 objects??? :? :? :?
By hdesbois
I haven't noticed big discrepancy between Maxwell's lights and real life photography. If really some emitter of yours seems very weak, try a reverse normals in studio, that may be the problem. I'm not sure, but I think that if you have an object (or object layer) consisting of 4 100 Watt light bulbs, you need to apply a 400 Watt material emitter to get it right. I don't know if your bulbs are separate objects/layers.
HD

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]