By RonB
glebe - No kidding, and you can actually move around the .lwo in Modeler? Now that would be an improvement! Usually high res models just turn the program nutso whacko and then into a glacier...That has always been my main complaint about LW...could not handle high poly counts.

Cheers, Ron
By glebe digital
RonB wrote:glebe - No kidding, and you can actually move around the .lwo in Modeler? Now that would be an improvement! Usually high res models just turn the program nutso whacko and then into a glacier...That has always been my main complaint about LW...could not handle high poly counts.

Cheers, Ron
Hi Ron, yeah it moves [about 5fps] and redraws pretty smartly considering.........will be a different story once I sub-d everything tho'. :lol:
By Voidmonster
I'm just chiming in here again. I've been working with Catmul Clark and edge weighting lately, and I gotta say... IT TOTALLY RULES.

Just load it up, CC an object, select an edge and play with the increase/decrease edge sharpness buttons.

It made what I'm currently working on (a bunch of fidgety machinery) so much easier to model.
By mgroeteke
LW9 looks not bad at all... apparently, 9.1 beta is on it's way already (probably after siggraph), which makes me hope that more bugs get's killed soon! there are some comments on the newtek forums about enhanced motion blur and DOF for the next release. i also hope that they will improve the quality of the mac release...

markus
By glebe digital
Yep the v9 cycle looks pretty promising..............only bug-bear is the loss of all the Whorley stuff, I hope that gets rectified soon. :?
By Voidmonster
Unfortunately, for the type of renders I do (full GI, SSS), Maxwell kicks the poo out of LW in terms of rendering speed and quality.

The ZBrushed image I just uploaded to the main forum took 18 hours to render at 800x600 with extremely simple radiosity and kind of crappy SSS in LW. I rendered a Maxwell version at 1280x960 in 8 hours that was better in every possible way. -- Though, to be fair I should probably do another LW test using an HDR map for illumination (I just used a point light in LW), but I somehow doubt that's going to speed up LW any. ;)

Plus, LW's SSS doesn't take IBL into account.
By glebe digital
Yes you're right Zak, LW's renderer isn't anywhere near Maxwell, probably never will be.......but it's certainly better/faster than it ever used to be and this a real bonus when a lot of my work is LW-based GI animation.
MWR for the 'hero shot'.......LW for the bread and butter. :lol:

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]