By hdesbois
Sometimes, I have to flip single poly emitters so that their normals are pointing away from the object in order to get some light. This is weird.
HD
By faraz
Can't get Sun or Emitters to work in 1.1

The only light I can get is the Sky Dome.

:(
By hdesbois
So far, V1.1 is working ok for me.
HD
By faraz
I was working in the beta until now and getting nice results but way too slow, even on my quad core opteron 275. v1.1 seems to speed up my scene alot.

I can get the emitters to work with a lot of tweaking of light position and strength (from beta). But I can't get the Sun to work however and nothing I try makes a difference.

The sun's just not shining on my PC.
By WillMartin
(*Edit* - see below)

I too am having difficulty with my emitter. It and it produces no light onto the other objects regardless of size, intensity, many different kinds of tweaking in studio, etc. However, I never put SP2 on my XP and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it as I can't see this being something juan and crew just overlooked as it's obviously way too big a problem. So I'll try putting SP2 in and seeing if that makes things any better. :)

More on a side note, like faraz I waited until now to switch from the beta, and I see a lot of promise with v1.1 here. It's not a perfect workflow yet, but a pretty darned neat product is unfolding I think. :)

Edit: Well, without doing the SP2 thing I am now getting results. I was used to the way the Beta worked, and v1.1 is a different animal One thing, my memory amount, which was fine before, is apparently no longer adequate, and that seem to actually have a little effect on the lighting as wel as creating a number of other little problems. Also, the way the lights work in v1.1 are different than in the beta. So I retract what I said above to some extent and am moving ahead. :)

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]