By TOXE
Hi all,

i'm working on a still life for cosmetics. When i export my scene from lightwave to MXS and i open it in studio some object are not imported. All geometry is triangulated and i've already done the single render of every product from the same object source. Someone can help me?

Thanks

-TOXE
By RonB
TOXE,
How many objects in the scene, and are they all seperate and distinct from each other or are any layered with others? Are the missing objects complex high poly or simple low poly? How many out of the scene are missing and what do the missing objects have in common, anything at all? What kind of surfaces do the missing objects have, texture maps? Do the same objects not load each time, is it repeatable or random? What is the poly count of the scene?

Ron
By TOXE
Hi Ron,

ok, the object that create problems are some layered and some not layered. All missed obj have texture maps, but the strange thing is that MXstudio import other two objects that are identical to the ones that i've missed in terms of geometry and kind of textures.

Yes, maybe the textures maps can create a problem in this case. I'll try to delete them and export the scene again, then apply the textures in Studio.

I'll let you know, thanks for now :wink:

-TOXE
By TOXE
No fortune deleting all the maps... The same objects are not imported :?

Some other suggestions?

Thanks

-TOXE
By RonB
TOXE,

There has to be something not right with the geometry of the objects not importing. Did you create them in LW or are they from another source?
Check for doubled polys and unattached points, etc...it has to be an issue with those object's geometry.

BTW, drinking one bottle of Heineken beer is the equivalent of eating 256 slices of bacon...same amount of nitrosomes used as preservatives...highest level of any beer in the world. :shock:
By TOXE
All the geometry was created in Solid Thinking in NURBS then exported to LW without problems. The file that create problems are created in LW but they are perfectly (triangulated, merged points, unify polygons, etc), i've checked them 100 times. :(

Thanks

-TOXE
By TOXE
Hey, forgot one thing... Do you really think that i need to change my beer?!

-TOXE
By RonB
Toxe, Man, I don't know...sorry. If the whole thing isn't gigantic, maybe you could send the scene to Victor...he's working on just those kind of problems now. Drop him a line and see what he says. He must be busy, I haven't seen him around here. Best to write him directly...wish I could help you more. I know it's very frustrating.

Change beer...no, it's probably preserving you very well...
I just never cared for Henni and when I read about the level of preservatives they use that cinched it for me. I have always prefered the higher gravity Belgium ales and also their Lambics...I love those!. But If you like the lager style you should try Pilsner Urquel...best lager beer in the world! But Birra Morena is pretty good and so is Peroni Gran Riserva, hard to get here though.

Cheers, Ron
By TOXE
Ron, yes the file is too big! I'm sure that i can find a solution, because the geometry is perfect :twisted: At this point it's a question of honour.

Pilsner Urquell!! Yes, the best, but is enough difficult to get here...

I'll let you know for the render and for the beer...

I really appreciate your help :wink:

-TOXE
By mgroeteke
TOXE wrote:Ron, yes the file is too big! I'm sure that i can find a solution, because the geometry is perfect :twisted: At this point it's a question of honour.

Pilsner Urquell!! Yes, the best, but is enough difficult to get here...

I'll let you know for the render and for the beer...

I really appreciate your help :wink:

-TOXE
hi, just to reassure you, there seems to be an issue with the LW plugin. exacltly the same problem happened to me, i sent a file to nextlimit and they are investigating already.

maybe can you kindly reduce your scene file to some of the elements which are not exported correctly and send this to juan@nexlimit.com. the more examples they have about this issue, the faster and the better the fix.

cheers

markus
By TOXE
Thanks Markus,

it can be interesting regarding the trouble itself, but i really need to finish that work :shock: !!

BTW i'll send the file in the next days, for now i need to found a solution to make the client happy ASAP :wink:

-TOXE
By mgroeteke
TOXE wrote:Thanks Markus,

it can be interesting regarding the trouble itself, but i really need to finish that work :shock: !!

BTW i'll send the file in the next days, for now i need to found a solution to make the client happy ASAP :wink:

-TOXE
the only workaround i found was to import the geometry into formz and export it to maxwell from there...

(edit: also, some of the objects which the plugin did not export, loaded directly into studio, but not all of them)
By TOXE
Ehehe, but i don't have Formz, i have bought SolidThinking, that was canceled form the plugin list :twisted: Maybe with Sketchup... :?

Thanks

-TOXE
By TOXE
OK! Now it works fine with 1.1!!

Thanks NL :D

-TOXE
By thxraph
rendering few scenes of more than 1Million poly with more than 200 material & 150 textures, straight from plugin, no problem

everything is tripled exept nurbs, no multilayer object, emiters separeted

thxraph

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]