By mrcharles
Please see my summary in the Lightwave Plugin section...

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 496#147496

Studio icons are absent with opening Maxwell Studio from with Lightwave plugin... (but they are present if I open Studio from my desktop shortcut).

My LW camera view direction is towards +z, which I had assumed to be towards North... but when I open my .mxs file in Studio, my camera view is unexpectedly directed towards East!

If I go into Studio and view my scene with the Top View, I note that Studio +z is towards the North and that if I move my objects by adding a positive value to the z position in the Object Parameter panel the object moves towards the South!

I think there is a bit of confusion on coordinate systems here... it looks like Studio has a left-handed coordinate system instead of a right-handed one...
By mrcharles
Here are some more findings...

Working with a saved .mxs file out of Lightwave... opened in Studio...

PROBLEMS:

1: Object rotated 90 deg. CW about y-axis (viewed in topview)

2: Rotations on object are inconsistent... using the rotation tool handles...

Top View: grab handles on the right side, rotation in opposite direction, grab handles on the left side, rotation as expected

Front View: Same as above...

Left side View: Opposite behavior as above (grab on right side and drag, rotation as expected, grab on left, opposite direction rotation)

Right Side View: Same behavior as with Left Side View...

Bottom View: opposite behavior of Top View

3: Translations are inconsistent here, too...

Top View: +z arrow on move tool points in -z direction, +z displacement shows -z disp. in object parameter table, x movements correct...

Left View: +z arrow points in +z direction

Right View: +z arrow points in -z direction

Bottom View: +z arrow points in +z direction, but when you drag the arrow the object moves in the opposite direction... same sort of behavior with dragging along the x-axis...

Axis labels and orientation shift depending on the view you choose... for example when viewing the top view, +z axis is to the top of the screen... shifting to the Left View, +z axis is to the right rather than the left.

"... things have sure gone crazy..."
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]