By sms
What am I doing wrong? I just wanted to make some tests within LW with the new material but no material will be rendered. I always get the default white stuff!

How I did it:

Loaded a VERY simple subpateched object into LW layout. Opened the Surface Editor, applied the Maxwell Material shader, browsed through the predefined materials, doubleclicked one so that it appears and hit the Render Button at the Maxwell Menu window. Then the Render window opens and my object looks always the same. :cry:

WHY?

Thank you very much in advance for any hints!
By bbuxton
No you're not stupid.
The stupid software doesn't work!
By sms
OK, now I feel better :lol:

But will that ever be fixed? I am not very keen to assign my materials twice - once in LW and then in Studio again. Imagine a complex scene and you want to change a few things - does that mean I have to assign materials again and again?

I would be happy if someone could clarify that. Thank you :)
By Mattia Sullini
And consider yourself a lucky man, since i guess only you and a few A-team testers managed to let the plugin work! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By wingwalker
I know this might sound dumb...but why dont you just assign your materials in studio?
By victor
Are all these issues for Mac? This is working fine in PC.
By thxraph
victor wrote:Are all these issues for Mac? This is working fine in PC.
working fine on my PC, the 2 things not working are :

- clone in layout remove all mxm, & doesnt work, even if i reassign them all
- la fonccion de multilight does not work from plugin (with -ml or with -ml & -mxi:"c:\anything"... in the command line field)
By victor
Thanks thxraph, checking this out...

EDIT. Cloning works here, can you be more explicit? Last plugin version is v.109
Last edited by victor on Tue May 02, 2006 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thxraph
victor wrote:EDIT. Cloning works here, can you be more explicit? Last plugin version is v.109
i have the v109.. the last one provided, LW 8.5, winxp64

i meen cloning in LW layout not in studio (sorry if any misanderstood)
in studio, didn't tried, but in lw it doesn't work

do you want me to provide you a LW scene+object+mxs that show this?
let me know

thxraph

EDIT : in the last lw plug archive, there is no maxwell_menu.ls... the old one work, but would be nice to have it back, without it, we cant add maxwell to the LW panel, we have to go to search in masterplugin window...
By victor
Confirmed bug in cloned objects --> fixed!

Wait for an update in the next hours.

Thanks for the help.
By thxraph
victor wrote:Confirmed bug in cloned objects --> fixed!

Wait for an update in the next hours.

Thanks for the help.
muchas gracias ! the pleasure is mine, thank you for your reactivity

EDIT hehe: anything about multilight from plugin?
By sms
It still doesn't work on PC. When applying a material from the LW plug in the same material appears on any object that is in the scene. It's totally crappy and still not working.

I mean it's cool that A-Team-Members pretend to show a working plug in but it isn't working actually...

I WANT TO HAVE A WORKING PLUG IN AS IN BETA OR ALPHA.

I paid for this, didn't I :?:
By tokiop
Victor, there's bugs in the mac version too (see the OSX forum).. the same "unable to use a mxm material from LW" than in RC5 for mac..

So Maxwell for mac LWers is stil unusable, and it seems to be about the same on the PC side... maybe still not enough testing on the plug-ins. This should and could have been tested days before the release, but we had nothing to test...

Thanks for asking and hope to see an update "before soon" :p
By Hervé
well lemme say something...

I tested that plugin, but don't say I tested it in ALL conditions.. (+ I don't have OSX), but as far as I know it works..

the fact is that rendering straight from LW is not a very rich idea.. why, because you'll miss a lot of features that you have in Studio..

I believe the best route is to save mxs's from within LW, with a simple map applied to the color channel to get the uv to translate in Maxwell, then open the MXS in Studio, and work from there... if later you change your geometry, you just replace the object , not the materials.. simple..

Besides, are you going to try to render directly a large scene from within LW... not a good idea, because it will take too much time to tweak your all the materials... and again, you'll miss some features...

It takes a bit of time to get used to navigate inside Studio, but you get used very fast, I was the first to find the navigation not confortable... but this was because of my LW years, it is easy to feel confortable very fast..

what I suggest (and trust me, I am doing very Large scenes here...) is to save one Mxs per object, open it in Studio, tweak until right, save... then merge all your mxs's very easy.. open one of them, and merge all of the others inside it... doing "import to scene" this is the best way , really...

I am going to make some getting started for the Maxwell >> LW procedure...

@+
Hervé
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]