By hdesbois
No success so far...
Does anyone succeded? With layered, multi-mat objects? Non layered?
I feel the minimum requirement for studio should be smooth import of multi-layered object with one material per layer. Handling of multiple material per layer is preferable. What do you think?
HD
By bbuxton
Save mxs from plugin saves camera & environment hdr but no geometry.

saving each surface as a separate lwo doesn't work as Studio loads each lwo as layer 0, so each subsequent lwo loaded overwrites the previous.

Studio doesn't recognize surfaces or parts everything comes in as one object with odd characters in the name. Layers are ignored too.

Obj from Modo fairs a little better, but some parts don't get imported no uv either. All geometry tripled before save.

Thankfully had a bit more success with FormZ plugin.
Last edited by bbuxton on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
By neil hayes
I imported a simple archviz .lwo from modo OK... well I say OK, but the geometry was mirrored ??? e.g. the windows switched sides, but were still facing in the correct direction, the stairs had switched from the right side of the model to the left etc.... somewhat bizarre.

-n
By glebe digital
So far I've saved lwo's multi-layered [by texture] and they all import no problem........apart from the 'mirroring' but that's easily fixed by flipping before I save out.
It's working superbly, have no idea why your set-up's giving problems. :?
Which version of LW are you using?
By Mattia Sullini
Same problems here. Tried to apply the old method one layer-one material, but no way to let it wotk properly. Studio doesn't start from within LW, the .mxs file saved contains camera data only (meaning no geometry) and loading .lwo files into studio give the weirdest result i have ever seen. A unique layer with a random name.......something tells me that the plugin doesn't work properly yet, or it simply requires great amounts of computing and RAM. I will try with the old trusted CINEMA bridge.
By Mattia Sullini
...that worked fine. NL, i am maybe one of your most in-love customers, but please....would you guys give us a working plugin for LW????...please....
By mrcharles
Greetings... here is what I've found...

Object modelled in modo (3 layers, multiple materials in layer2)...

Import into Lightwave8.5... camera view toward +z...

Adjust physical sky+sun parameters(long, lat, time zone to sensible values)...

Save .mxs file...

If I hit "render frame" from within LW, the render proceeds - no problem...

If I hit "Studio" button... Studio opens with correct geometry and camera view defined in LW, but Studio icons (File I/O, Move, Render, etc) are missing...

If I open Studio independently of LW, I can import the .mxs file, icons are visible... render proceeds as before...

Materials defined in modo are listed in the material list in studio (it works whether I use the "set part" command in modo or not)... Object layers appear in the Object list (with multiple materials assigned)...

However, I found a "problem". As described before, my LW camera view is towards the +z direction. In my mind I assume this to be looking towards North. In Studio, the view direction is towards East!
By bbuxton
Looks like an issue with the mac plugin.
Although some issues clearly exist on both platforms.

For the moment the LW plugin for Mac is unusable.
As is the plugin for FormZ (weird black polys)

Studio's import is in need of some serious attention too!

I'm back to beta/RC until this gets resolved!
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]