Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
When you do a net render you have to guess how long you think the scene needs to be grain free, if you under guess then you are stuffed because it seems like you cant carry on rendering after the time is up

Although I am sure it is possible somehow because .mxi files are written for each computer that renders the scene

Example i have 3 pc's rendering a scene and after the finish of the render i have these files -

24_0_temp.mxi
24_1_temp.mxi
24_2_temp.mxi

24 being the job no. and the other being the priority no. of the pc

Now the trouble is how would i write an .mxc file telling each individual computer which file to continue rendering from?
By Ric_535
i hope if there is an update to net render NL give us the option to continue a render after the allotted time is up
By tom
Hi Ric_535,

There are two criteras to terminate rendering a frame. These are Sampling Level and Time. However, using time as a termination may result different output qualities about their sampling level on different node hardwares. So I suggest you using a target sampling level. It's a user decision to stop the render at any sampling level and it's a choice between time and resulting quality. So you have to figure out, up to which sampling level you want to spend time on a frame. Thus, it will advance to rendering next frame.
In other hand, cooperative temporary files are not the result of final rendering (while the render is going on), so you have to pre-test a frame to be sure of what sampling level will be enough (noisefree) when they merged.

Best regards,
Tom
By Ric_535
Thanks for the reply
tom wrote:So I suggest you using a target sampling level
for some reason i was under the impression i had to specify a time for net rendering but this is a better idea, (even though i will be unsure of which level to choose)

but can i stop a net render before it has reached the desired SL (if its taking too long?), will it at that point "link" the files or will it just corrupt the whole render?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]