Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By Ric_535
i am planning on setting up a second computer tonight, my question is - does network rendering actually work yet, i have read a few threads recently which tell me it doesnt work as it should and sometimes the image is more grainy than if you had only used one comp!

What is the real answer, Thanks!
By tom
There may be some problems about operations but mainly network rendering is working properly.
Especially it's not possible to compare a cooperative render to a single one as more noisy.
Definitely, rendering with more nodes in same time will give you a better result.
By morbid angel
I've posted this in the bug forum some time ago, network rendering works on simple scenes, but on complex ones it crashes maxwell after frist frame of completion, I've also tried sending the scene to nextlimit but got no reply. :(
By tom
Don't worry Dmitry, we here every word here, we see the posts you've made and they will be answered when time comes. ;)
By Intuition
Interesting topic timing. Here at Eden FX we are about to try out the network rendering for maxwell.

We have 100+ nodes and I will be here on the weekend testing it out.
By morbid angel
let us know how it went
By Ric_535
thanks for the replies

Intuition - pah! 100 is that all :D
By daros
We tryed it out on alpha 1.33
10 nodes rendering a 1600x800 images takes 9 minutes to merge 10 MXI.
20 nodes takes 25 minutes.
40 nodes take one hour.
This are only the times needed to merge the MXI. I don't have the rendering times.

Pure Gbit network. Nodes are dual xeons.
The server is a quad xeon with 4 GB RAM and 4 x 1GBit Nework cards each serving 10 nodes. The node that merges the MXI is on the server.

Now the MXI are not so big as with 1.33 but i think we must wait for the next update.
By spekoun
I have got bad results with cooperative, even with simple scene. I am sure there is problem in linking stage. Particular renders are fine but after linking is result bad. There appear bugs like in fist beta, especially black dots...
By Maxer
I think from these posts it's pretty clear that cooperative rendering isn't working as it should. I've done my own tests and none of them are what I would consider successful for one reason or another. It would be nice if NL could get this working properly, at least that way people with render farms could get some real work done and maybe there wouldn’t be such shouting for speed increases.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]