Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By greengreen
I get the following error in Maxwell Network 3.2.1.5:

There are error messages in the log starting at:[09/October/2018 09:04:45] Mxi transfer error: Can't write file: C:\Users\tyler\AppData\Local\Temp\mxnetwork\manager_THINKPAD\job_1\008_Perspective5_Farm-2.mxi Possible causes : Do you have write permissions in this folder? Possible causes : Has the name any illegal character? Possible causes : Possible causes : Locale settings of this machine might not support this file name You can find more info using the search tools in the log window.

The file name is "008_Perspective5", I've used very similar naming on these computers in the past with no problem.

I made the "mxnetwork" folder a shared folder to try to fix this, but it did not help. I am running the manager on a relatively new machine, but it has successfully merged and written jobs before.

Why is it not allowing the mxi transfer to write? I have to get them off of the farm machines individually
By greengreen
i think my hard disks were turning off on the manager, probably it right?

I changed power settings, hopefully it is a fix
By greengreen
Hmmm, no, that's not it. I get the error when I manually stop the network render on the manager machine.
Weird because it only fails some of the time.

Any ideas out there?
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]