Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By greengreen
I get the following error in Maxwell Network 3.2.1.5:

There are error messages in the log starting at:[09/October/2018 09:04:45] Mxi transfer error: Can't write file: C:\Users\tyler\AppData\Local\Temp\mxnetwork\manager_THINKPAD\job_1\008_Perspective5_Farm-2.mxi Possible causes : Do you have write permissions in this folder? Possible causes : Has the name any illegal character? Possible causes : Possible causes : Locale settings of this machine might not support this file name You can find more info using the search tools in the log window.

The file name is "008_Perspective5", I've used very similar naming on these computers in the past with no problem.

I made the "mxnetwork" folder a shared folder to try to fix this, but it did not help. I am running the manager on a relatively new machine, but it has successfully merged and written jobs before.

Why is it not allowing the mxi transfer to write? I have to get them off of the farm machines individually
By greengreen
i think my hard disks were turning off on the manager, probably it right?

I changed power settings, hopefully it is a fix
By greengreen
Hmmm, no, that's not it. I get the error when I manually stop the network render on the manager machine.
Weird because it only fails some of the time.

Any ideas out there?
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]