Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
Bugs too?

We have tried, but the webinterface doens't work for us. We could choose add -> single / coop -> But when we should choose file, we can't see any files, the filebox is only 3 pixels and the only button that works is [X]. In iExplorer the page goes dark gray without any information on it.

Windows 7, 64 bit on every computer here.
By pablo
Hi TurboGlider,

Yes, of course bug reports are more than welcome :)

Perhaps it is something browser specific. Would you mind to check and report which browser and version are you using when you see that 3 pixel filebox? Also, is there some warning/backtrace etc on the log window?

The dark gray on Internet Explorer is probably because it is a pre-10 version and it does not have support for websockets. A more user-friendly way of detecting and messaging the user that is using an outdated browser for the application is in the to-do list also.

Thank you,
Pablo
By pablo
TurboGlider wrote:I've tried in both latest Opera and latest Mozilla Firefox, iE is propably an older version than 10, or running compabilitymode because of some of our applications.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E ... hoto%2cjpg
Last Firefox should certainly work. I've seen that the 3 pixel window when the service that is sending the filetree can not open the files/directories on the share, or when the share folder is empty. Those cases need their own warning dialog windows on the GUI, i will ad them for future versions.

Could you just restart the job manager changing the Shared folder to any where a mxs is (even if it is not shared with the render, just to test the filetree on the browser) I would prefer that being the case, as otherwise it could be that somehow the filetree daemon is stuck on your setup and it will be very difficult to reproduce the cause ...

Thank you for your time TurboGlider,
Hey Pablo,
To prevent a single topic from growing out of control, do you want us to post new topics inside the parent forum "Maxwell Technology Preview network" (http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=139) and not replies to this actual topic?
Hi,

Post here any report about the tp_network included on the release of Maxwell 3.1
I have some feedback/crashes for you guys but I was afraid it might eventually get buried in an ever increasing topic.

BTW, I like the Javascript approach to the new monitor! That's a great idea! :D

Thanks!
By pablo
zparrish wrote:Hey Pablo,
To prevent a single topic from growing out of control, do you want us to post new topics inside the parent forum "Maxwell Technology Preview network" (http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=139) and not replies to this actual topic?

I have some feedback/crashes for you guys but I was afraid it might eventually get buried in an ever increasing topic.
Of course, feel free to start new topics on a thread-per-bug basis, as you are used to. It is easier to follow.
If there is a mxs in share folder, it works!
Must every rendering have their .mxs file in sharefolder? I don't se any folder options?
By pablo
TurboGlider wrote:If there is a mxs in share folder, it works!
Must every rendering have their .mxs file in sharefolder? I don't se any folder options?
Hm, yes the shared folder can have any subfolder... I'm not very sure if this answer your question though ... ¿what do you mean by folder options?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]