Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By gehany
Hey guys,

I'm trying to upgrade/install Maxwell 2.7.22 on all of my machines here, just need a little help extracting the appropriate msi files from the setup.exe. Maxwell doesn't want to give me the option to stop the installation after extracting into a temp folder so I can use the files. Ultimately, I'd like to distribute the program using group policy. Thanks for your help.
Maxwell's Windows installers are built with NSIS; there are MSIs embedded for the Explorer thumbnail plugin, and probably vcredist, but not for anything else, I don't think. If you require MSI, I guess it may be possible to wrap the NSIS installer in a parent MSI, see the last response here.
I tried wrapping the .exe in an .msi, which did work. Unfortunately, due to Maxwell prompting user input during the install, I still can't roll it out on a major scale. Is it possible to enable the installer to run silently?
Hey,

So I pushed out the environment variables via GPO before the install, and then I pushed out maxwell using the /S command...I used PDQ to push it out to the office. I couldn't get it to work by wrapping it in a .msi...the installation hanged at the Vcred portion. Anyway, it works great now. Thanks for your help.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]