Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
Hi guys,

Getting the following error on my render nodes when sending cooperative job. This happens after "Start Voxelization":

"This appliaction has requeseted the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. signalhandler. Code: 22"

The render nodes are 32-bit machines running Windows XP SP3. Maxwell is at current version: 2.7.20.0.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.
Not likely. An application running on XP 32-bit can use a maximum of 2GB by default; this can be increased to 3GB by using the so-called "/3GB" switch in Boot.ini (plenty of information on this available via Google). Testing, you should find the maximum real usable memory to be on the order of 1.7 & 2.7GB, respectively. I did personally use the /3GB switch back when I was running that OS, and it does work, but can also result in OS instability, so testing is necessary. In any case, the use of virtual memory (i.e. hard disk) should be avoided, as it will have a heavily negative impact on render time.
So it looks like the computers are already set up using /3GB.

Question: does voxelization use the GPU at all? All of my render nodes are the exact same model, and some of them get through the voxelization step correclty. That is, all of these computers are the exact same model, except they have different graphics cards. I imaged all of the computers so some computers have the correct drivers for the graphics card, while others don't. Could this conceivably cause the render to fail at the voxelization step?
No, it does not use the GPU, but it would not be surprising for stability under /3GB to differ based on hardware factors. In addition to /3GB, there is also the /userva switch, which when used in addition to /3GB, allows you to direct the OS to allocate between 2GB and 3GB for user space (/3GB by itself yields a straight 3/1 split). This can help for systems where 1GB is not enough for OS & drivers, but should not help here, as even with the full 3GB, Maxwell is already running out of memory.

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]