Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By hatts
So, I love network render, but there's no denying that it's a troubled utility, especially when compared with the stability of Studio and Render. It just doesn't feel complete.

It seems the tiniest property can derail an entire job. People experience failed jobs when using differing OS's, differing hardware, differing desktop wallpapers, different sized monitors, nights when it's a full moon, days when it's a Tuesday, dirty keyboards, or seemingly just when network render isn't feeling in the mood.

On top of this, certain features are missing: duplicate job, copy job properties, release node after frame finish, etc. Other features are implemented but fail, or wreck the job: reset network, release node, etc.

Are there plans to do a more comprehensive round of bug fixes, or a total overhaul, in an upcoming release or sub-release?

I realize that it's a fundamentally complicated task getting multiple machines to cooperate in loving harmony across differing node configurations. That being said, it seems like it's almost there; just missing a bit more robustness.

Feel free to enlighten me as to why it's so difficult to get the utility to act more stable, I'm definitely open to education.
By Mihai
hatts wrote: Feel free to enlighten me as to why it's so difficult to get the utility to act more stable, I'm definitely open to education.
hatts wrote: I realize that it's a fundamentally complicated task getting multiple machines to cooperate in loving harmony across differing node configurations.
:)

It's just too many factors when using network rendering, especially across different OS that can make it fragile, besides the hardware used to connect the machines together. There are some bugs for sure, and we need to implement a better error handling system I think. The workflow enhancements you mentioned make sense and we will try to implement those as soon as possible.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]