Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By Primus
Hi

I set up the first time a small rendering network. Everything works fine, but I´m a bit confused about the license.

I´ve one standard license and three render node licenses. I have three render pc and one master pc. When i start network rendering i want to use ALL FOUR PCs. Is that possible, to use the master PC with the standard license for network rendering. ?! In the network manager i see all three render nodes, , no problem. But i was of the option i could use the master pc as well .

I´m wrong ?

Best,
Thomas
By Primus
Bubbaloo wrote:Did you try it?
Yes , i tried it. As i wrote i have 1 standard license and three render node license. In the network monitor i see all three nodes. I thought i could use e.g. for rendering a cooperative still with all three render nodes AND with the standard license , so in total on 4 machines. But i don´t understand how to integrate the master pc with the standard license in the networking rendering process. I´m only able to render on three machines, the slaves.

I´m wrong ?

Best,
Tom
By polynurb
just to make sure:
u are running the render node (green icon) on your workstation, like on the slaves, but your workstation is not showing up in the network monitor?
By Primus
polynurb wrote:just to make sure:
u are running the render node (green icon) on your workstation, like on the slaves, but your workstation is not showing up in the network monitor?
If i run the render node on the master mac) i see all the slaves ( PCs) and my master( mac) workstation. Then i could use 2 slaves and the master for network rendering. That works fine.

But my question is, i´ve , to my understanding 4 licenses, 1 standard and three nodes, in total 4. I want to use the three nodes and the master for rendering on the same picture.

Is that possible ?
By Bubbaloo
Primus wrote:i see all the slaves ( PCs) and my master( mac) workstation. I want to use the three nodes and the master for rendering on the same picture.

Is that possible ?
Did you try it? I'm not trying to be an ass. Really, did you try picking all of the nodes and the master and render a co-op? If you tried it and if failed, say so please.
By Primus
I tried it, and it failed.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]