Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
Hi,

In MS, I am changing the viewpoint and HDRI rotation and sometimes exchange materials to obtain diverse variations of an object. Then I select a new file name for Image and MXI and hit network render, select cooperative rendering in the wizard. The job is added to the queue and starts rendering. While the job renders, I set up a new viewpoint, rotate the HDRI and change materials for the next variation and add that new job to the queue. The queue fills up with jobs and all jobs render fine.

But - apart from the first two jobs, all images turned out identical, although viewpoint, HDRI and materials have changed. Also, some images turned out 8bit although I made sure that 16bit was selected in MS and the wizard.

The render node logs show no error message, no node was dropped, no image failed. Occasionally, while setting up the next object variation and view while the jobs are rendering away, MS crashed when previewing the next variation with Fire. I then just restarted MS, loaded the MXS again and continued. When MS crashed, the jobs continue to be rendered (apart from turning out the same).

What am I doing wrong? I'm now afraid of overnight rendering a series of still images...

Last edited by feynman on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]