Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
Problem: render node never commences rendering and is killed automatically at start.

Setup: PC1 and PC2 running Windows 7 64 bit, Maxwell Render 2.6 incl. 5 render nodes installed and licensed same day, both PCs connected via ethernet, Remote Desktop etc. works both ways, both PCs can be connected to by remote OSX laptops alright, PC1 contains project folder with all textures, hdris, etc. in a dropbox folder.

What happens: I start the Manager on PC1, a render node on PC1 and PC2, the Monitor on PC1. The secondary render node on PC2 shows in the Monitor. When I then start a Cooperative Render with dependencies enabled, the PC2 render node never starts rendering; instead it is shown as disconnected and disappears immediately from the render nodes list in the Monitor. Via Remote Desktop I can see that it has been automatically killed.

Question: New to Windows 7, I don't even have a clue why cooperative rendering fails in my case. All common networky things do work, but as for rendering, the network is a notwork :(

Licensing? Upgrade to newish version? My stupidity? Any suggestions much appreciated!

PC1 screenshot

PC2 screenshot of Remote Desktop
Last edited by feynman on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]