Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
Hi,

after upgrading and trying to network render with two nodes (two Windows 7 64bit PCs connected via Ethernet), I keep getting messages like "MXI output does not seem a net..." and similar. The message pop-up texts are obviously truncated :( so, what would be the complete text - and what do I need to do about it?

Thanks!
Last edited by feynman on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...a network path"

you have to use the network name even if your output folder is on your local machine, because this is how the networked node sees it.
Use an UNC path (Universal Naming Convention)

\\server\share\file_path
Thanks! That sounds tedious. I thought that - after clicking "Cooperative Render" - one can use the folder icons provided to select Scene File, Image and MXI output names and locations by just clicking these icons. So, I have to find out what that elusive UNC path should be for the two PCs and then enter that manually - looks like a "quirk" in UI design if that's what's necessary...
We're working in a project folder within a dropbox folder, shared by the two PCs that are ethernetted together. Do you know how to make that project folder a "network folder"? Does one just "share" that project folder in windows 7 to make it a "network folder"? I'm very new to Windows...

Thanks!
Yes you can just share your dropbox folder. It will be available as \\computername\dropbox.
You don't have to use network paths, as long as the Manager is running on the machine where the renders will be saved and it can save the renders to that local folder. You can also save these UNC paths in your MXS file before starting to render, so all you'd have to do is load the scene in the Add Job wizard and the output paths will be auto filled from the paths saved in the MXS.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]