Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
Hi,

I've just built a workstation PC (PC1) and render node PCs (PC2, ...) to take advantage of the recent special offer ;)

On PC1, I downloaded the installer from the customer portal and installed Maxwell Render. Do I have to do the same on PC2 and subsequent render node machines? Or do I just download a standalone render node installer and render node licenses for render node PCs? If the latter is to be done, I can't seem to find the download for both in the customer portal :o

I find the manual not so clear on this issue...

Thanks in advance for advice!
You just have to do the same install/licensing procedure on all nodes. In fact you can run Maxwell with the GUI on all your machines but just one at a time if you only have one full license. If you already have Maxwell GUI running in one machine the others can only run as Nodes or you'll get a license error. We'll make the docs clearer regarding nodes installation.
Ok, thanks; just to clarify...

1 On the workstation PC, go to customer portal, download, install, license with emailed license text
2 On a render node PC, go to customer portal, download, install, license with the same emailed license text

Meaning that...

1 A render node PC has always a full version of Maxwell Render installed, but can only operate as render node
2 A render node PC can also be used as a workstation PC, but then the workstation PC is demoted to operate as render node
3 A license text contains all licenses, in this case for 1 main application and 5 node applications
4 No standalone render node software exists
5 No additional license files are needed to activate render node functionality

Sorry, I'm just a bit slow with tech ;)
feynman wrote:Ok, thanks; just to clarify...

1 On the workstation PC, go to customer portal, download, install, license with emailed license text
2 On a render node PC, go to customer portal, download, install, license with the same emailed license text

Meaning that...

1 A render node PC has always a full version of Maxwell Render installed, but can only operate as render node
2 A render node PC can also be used as a workstation PC, but then the workstation PC is demoted to operate as render node
3 A license text contains all licenses, in this case for 1 main application and 5 node applications
4 No standalone render node software exists
5 No additional license files are needed to activate render node functionality

Sorry, I'm just a bit slow with tech ;)
Yes.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]