Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By numerobis
Please... don't let the network manager delete the temp mxi file on the nodes!!!

Why can't it be simply copied? The other temp files are still there too, so why not the mxi?

If the merging fails now, everything fails... :?

and if the merging fails the manager is "merging" forever... why can't the manager just stop the process with an error message and let you start the merging again?!? :roll:
By simmsimaging
numerobis wrote:Please... don't let the network manager delete the temp mxi file on the nodes!!!

Why can't it be simply copied? The other temp files are still there too, so why not the mxi?

If the merging fails now, everything fails... :?

and if the merging fails the manager is "merging" forever... why can't the manager just stop the process with an error message and let you start the merging again?!? :roll:
Yep, had this one happen too. I was not sure what exactly caused the mxi to get deleted, but it's definitely happened a few times.
By brodie_geers
Yes, I don't like this either. I'd at least like to have some options here. Maybe an option to save the last X number of MXI's (or a maximum combined file size limit) to a local folder after the Network is done with them. The MXI's need to be there as a backup. The idea is that if there's a failure you can manually merge the files, but not if they're not there.

-Brodie
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]