Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
Hi,

I 'd prefer to manually merge the MXI's produced on each node when I stop a network rendering. The merging process is a default, I guess. Aside from quitting out Manager and Monitor(and i'm not sure that really even does it) right after the MXI's are written, I can find no way to do this 'cleanly'.
So:

1.)Which program in the suite actually does the merging?

2.) How can I set this not to happen after 'Stop Job' is validated in the Monitor?

thank you.

Peter
+1

i do this with a batch file (copy mxi from temp location while render is still in progress)

but this can give trouble when mxi are very big because of multiple file access. (explorer and manager)
Hi,

Yes i end up doing that as well, but it doesn't 'feel' right to start copying the temp MXI while some program is probably trying to access it to merge it. hence my question about who does what in merging process. Actually when the merging fails(but that takes time), then usually the Temp file onthe machine running Monitor opens with a folder names "Job x" and the mxi's are then located there. Like you i have very large MXI's to deal with(some over 8 gigs!!), so finding a way to control this part of the process is crucial.

Maybe someone else out there has the answer?

regards-

Peter
Merging is done by the manager machine.
Not sure how it is done, but i think mxmanager starts the external process mximerge.exe (see program folder) and waits for the resulting file to write it to the final destination.

What i do is locate all mxi on one ssd and use maxwell.exe gui to merge to a second ssd. This gives very good speed, as the automatic merging can only use one hdd.

8gb is really tough, i merged 6x 4gb at max.. and in auto mode this took 20min+,
Manually just a few.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]