Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By rcnorve
Any ideas? Everything seems to work until the render gets to the target SL and gets stuck on "stopping" also i try to request a preview and nothing happens.

If i render on my machine it works fine. It's just when i use the farm.

I have tried a different file with the same results. The farm machines are mapped correctly, and all of the nodes and manager have the same temp folder location on our network. It's like it cant find a place to save the individual mxi files before it merges them. I have a deadline friday and im starting to get nervous because i can't get these all done on just my machine.
By polynurb
a few things you can try:

1:
merging is done on the computer the manager is running on, and will use it's resources (cpu/ram&hdd space)
so make sure it has some ram available and plenty of hdd space (C:\ drive will be used for storing mxi in case of windows)

2:
see if the individual mxi exist on the node machines and copy&merge them manually (emergency solution)

win xp : C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\mxmnetwork\rendernode

win 7 : C:\users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\mxmnetwork\rendernode

@\manager instead \rendernode you should find the mxi from the nodes if they ever got transfered to the manager computer

3:
test a non-coop render. does it work?

4:
change computer you are running the manager
By rcnorve
i let it sit all night...and ive tried everything that was in the second post...Next Limit sent me a fix but im still having problems but they are looking into it for me. They say it's a bug that's supposed to be fixed in 2.6.
By Mihai
Are you using macros in the output names? I think there is a bug there, network is looking for the name of the file with the actual macro in the name, like myfile%camera%.mxi instead of myfile_Camera1.mxi. You can still find the rendered MXI file in the temp folder of the nodes though. Copy those and merge manually.
Make sure your mxi output name is actually a .mxi file. I just spent 2 days troubleshooting this issue. I finally realized I accidentally had the mxi being output as a .png file.

Nothing in maxwell told me this was causing the issue...nothing in the log, nothing in the console. stupid stupid stupid.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]