Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
I need some advice:
Anyone know any problems with maxwell 1.7, I have 6 computers, one of those is the manager and my work.comp.
I can export an animation from 3ds max, save the mxs-files to our network-drive. I open maxwell render and select mxs-file,
setup the things with coop on. I hit "OK" and then I see 3 computers getting the mxs-file and 3 show "pending".
After that my vnc-windows to every computer start to close one by one. I have to restart the computers manually.
Seems to me that everything locks up and I have to restart my work-computer also.

Last friday I tried to work this thing and everytime in coop it crashes everything.
If one comp renders one frame = works. the comps are rendering right now as i write.
all comps have win7 64bit and mx 1.7.1

Any advice?, would really like to render co-op.
Hello naikku,

It is hard to know why your nodes are getting disconnected.
It could be both a hardware configuration issue, and a software issue (a Maxwell Network issue).

The 1.7 Maxwell Network had several issued that we've already fixed, but for Maxwell v2.
We've re-written the Network applications from scratch, and it is working much better, avoiding different problems.

But we are not working on the v1.7 series software, so all the improvements have been done for Maxwell v2.

I strongly suggest you to try the free Demo version of Maxwell v2 (the current version is Maxwell 2.5.1).
I'm sure you will love the new features and faster performance.

Greetings

Dario Lanza
dariolanza wrote:The 1.7 Maxwell Network had several issued that we've already fixed, but for Maxwell v2.

You mean BUGS ?

edit: and more
dariolanza wrote:We've re-written the Network applications from scratch, and it is working much better, avoiding different problems.
GREAT ! so please compile it with 1.7 sdk and give us some servicepack or bugfix whatever You name it. It looks like network application is not ".mxs version sensitive"
dariolanza wrote:But we are not working on the v1.7 series software
but some of us do (and still 1.7.1 earns money). but we paid for it, so if there is a bug or issue or inconvinience or whatever You name it please fix it.
Proper working network rendering in V2 it is not new feature, as Fire or this SSS or IES support. It is rewriten bugs free version. So why shouldn,t I have some better network render in maxwell without all this annoying PENNDINGS and manual server kill routine?

thx for reading ... suprise me , because I don,t even count on some jokesfree answer - BBloo don't even try ;)
thx for reading ... suprise me , because I don,t even count on some jokesfree answer - BBloo don't even try ;)
i am not sure if you really want the v2 code .. for me v2 network didn't work at all when it came out :P

now jokes aside.. i was really happy with 1.7 network, worked perfect in the end. even resuming nodes from stanby would work, something that still fails in v2.5 here on my setup.
from what i experienced over time and from what i read in this forum.. some people have similar issues in v2.x as some people had in 1.7.
for me things started to work well again with 2.5, but i had a working netrender already with 1.7.

actually i just want to motivate you.. it can work!
polynurb wrote: actually i just want to motivate you.. it can work!
I know it works at the end when you learn after many test how to deal with it. and PENDING is just bad luck.
but what really drive me mad is that we (1.7.1 users) are left alone. every bug that is noticed and described on this forum have one answer.
- don't bother 1.7 just buy v2 .

in 1.7 material editor when .mxm have more than 5 states (after used STORE). for example 9 when You want do delete 7th state all higer than 5th will disapear too .
so It is small annoing bug but I would have to deal with it all time long, because there is no will in NL to spend some extra time to cheer old version users and release any 1.7.2 version because it had to be free.

rendering picture in cooperative mode with alpha is waste of time . alpha will be gray and useless. small bug - easy to set two renderes instead of one. but why shouldn,t it be fixed ? bug is a bug

and few more ... just lurk through threads . list TODO would be interesting.
Bubbaloo wrote:You should give Autodesk a call and demand that they fix some bugs that are in Max 8.
I use max 7.0 (viz 2006) and there is no that obvious bugs.

I don't have to give microsoft a call , they send me upgrades and bugfixes 7 years after I bought their software for free. There is windows vista now it is 7 and they still repairs what they done wrong in windows xp.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]