Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By Automatica3D
Hi all, I might as well reintroduce myself because I don't post as much as I would like, even though I visit this forum almost on a daily basis (was user ricardotorress prior to buying the license way back on the beta era, I bought post RC stage because prior to that I was still studying, bummer would have tons of spare licenses now and would have cost me 25% more but well what can you do now Lol)...
the thing is I haven't used the network render up until now and my test run was ok and everything seems to be in place, but I have this doubt... If I start a co-op job with my 3 cpus and if I need my workstation back and stop the render on this particular node is it possible for it to reincorporate to the workflow later, once its sitting idle (nights), I made a really quick test and made all 3 nodes get about SL 12... then I disconnected one of them, the other 2 kept running then i opened the node app again to put it back ok the monitor and it indeed pop-up but it's SL ant rendering time did not move, on the manager I saw it sad the SL id or seed id (don't recall) was 1....2... and so forth but the main Job SL was still on the 15 or so

The question is if by disconnecting the node the SL up to that point is lost or not?, and if its reconnected will the node start from sratch or take the previous SL?, and if indeed starts from zero does this add up to the job of affect it in any way (overwriting the pre-disconnection mxi)?

Don't know if I made much sense... I appreciate your help and I promise to be more active on the forum form now on...
By Bubbaloo
You can stop a node, and then, later when you stop the full job, it will still use the (early stopped) node for the final output as long as you haven't closed the Maxwell Node (it would erase the temp files). But... after stopping a node, you can't restart it on an ongoing job. The alternative is to stop the whole job, then resume on the other nodes. When you're ready to put all of the nodes back on the job, stop the job again and resume it with all of the nodes again. :)
By Automatica3D
Thank you very much Brian, thats whats I love about this forum even though everyone sure is busy or with work you can almost every time count with a great answer.

The resume works perfect, thanks to you now I can have a great weekend :D
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]