Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
Hi,
Firstly, FAQ / Support thread is locked so I cannot post there, I think this thread is the closest one. :)

My file server have dual core G6950 processor and is at least 6 times slower than render nodes but I am planning to merge finished renders on this machine.

Do I need licence to install Maxwell and run network manager / network monitor or (most importantly) Maxwell from a command line and merge rendered files on this computer?

Theoretically all licences should be available anyway as rendering will be finished, but merging can take some time and nodes can be busy with rendering new scene already.
so do i need an extra license to merge the files?!? i asked the same question a few days ago and didn't get an answer... so maybe now.

and... what is "enough" RAM? Do i need the same amount that it takes to render a scene? My nodes have 12GB - would 4GB be enough to merge the result?
Yes, you may need another license if you are rendering with your other computers at the same time. You can only have Maxwell running on the number of computers that your license specifies. Truthfully, you should be able to merge your MXI's on a rendering computer with no problem and very little slow down. I wouldn't bother dedicating a workstation to merging.
Bubbaloo wrote:Yes, you may need another license if you are rendering with your other computers at the same time. You can only have Maxwell running on the number of computers that your license specifies. Truthfully, you should be able to merge your MXI's on a rendering computer with no problem and very little slow down. I wouldn't bother dedicating a workstation to merging.
That is really bad. Render controller works on the server and post rendering scripts run there, now I need to spend more money or think how to make it work on the workstation...
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]