Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By Fernando Tella
I'm having some problems with network right now. I'm trying to launch a job through network. I can see the nodes and everything seems to be ok, but when I click finish at the window to add the job nothing happens. No new text in manager neither in nodes... what could be the problem?

If I launch it straight from maxwell it renders fine.
By metheny1001
I'm getting crazy with the same problem. There's no way to add jobs. Everything seems to be ok (i've tried with all kind of paths, local, unc, packandgo) but it does not work at all: no error messages, no changes in console.

I work on a single xp64 machine, working as manager and node at the same time.
Of course, launching in Studio, it works perfectly.

Any idea?
Help please!!!
By metheny1001
Hi Tom,

I have checked with my system admin: no firewall/admin restrictions.

We tried to launch manually the render, look at the screenshot:

As you see, launching manually it appears an orange warning in the manager. Launching through the program icons, the warning does not appear:

We tried also to sniff the ports, but no packets seems to pass trough.

Hope you have enough elements to give me support.

Stefano (metheny1001)
By tom
The orange line says "Monitor Disconnected: Stefano". But, it's because you've shut it down, no? I don't see the monitor around (in the manual screenshot)...
By metheny1001
Hi Tom, sorry for my delay... but i'm back here.

I tried again all the manual procedure, forcing the ip.

The message " monitor disconnected: stefano" was probably my system administrator error :oops:

Hope my new attempt (I'm not a technician) is more accurate... in fact there is no error. But unlucky, there is no way to add jobs in the queue.

Here is the new screenshot: Image

Just a note for you: in the past, with the same software release, it worked (not very stable, but the jobs were added in the queue). So the question is, what happens in the meanwhile? Maybe a Windows Update conflict? :cry: Hope it helps you to solve.

What can I do now?

Cheers,
Stefano
By polynurb
any solutions ahead?

this problem is giving me a hard time too;

i am frustrated about restarting manager+monitor+all nodes for each netrender job.

in my case i can send one job.. but the cue wont be processed after that job has finished, and becomes unresponsive.

there are no complex firewalls (besides windows one, with added exceptions for mxnetwork/maxwell.exe)
By Mihai
You could try to render on only your local computer first (you can do a network render starting manager/monitor/node on just your local machine), see if that processes the render queue correctly. Send also an email to tech support with as much detail as possible about your setup (OS version, Maxwell version, how the network is setup etc).
By piroshki
I'm having the same problem in a semi-regular basis. When I do a number of renders one after the other I occasionally end up having a frozen render network. Somehow the job looks added to the queue but nothing happens. I have to kill the monitor and the render nodes, restart them all, and then I can do the next few renders until the next network freeze. Somewhat frustrating, and defeating the purpose of a network render, when it happens (when it work it is fabulous!)

T.
By metheny1001
Hi all,
now with the 2.0.3 release, the jobs are correctly added in the queue. Unfortunatly I've other problems to solve now... a lot of crashes, visual c++ errors and no way to render simultaneously more than a single view.

Oh, I'm so sad now...
By Bubbaloo
metheny1001 wrote:Hi all,
now with the 2.0.3 release, the jobs are correctly added in the queue. Unfortunatly I've other problems to solve now... a lot of crashes, visual c++ errors and no way to render simultaneously more than a single view.

Oh, I'm so sad now...
Are you running out of memory?
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]