Everything related to Maxwell network rendering systems.
By leovilela
hi guys ,

i've been experiencing some issues at network rendering.

i tested it with smaller renders(from 600x600px to 2000x2000) and it works fine in all aspects.
however when i crank up the resolution(like 5k which is the most comon size for final renders here) when it reaches the especified time limit it keeps rendering for some time and doesn't merge the MXIs. in 1.7 it used to say"merging final mxi" but now(v2) i didn't noticed any message like that , even though at smaller resolution maxwell did it.

i tryed merging the mxis by myself but when i click to open output folder , or temp folders in the nodes , it poits me to another folder in other computer(?) that have no MXIs.(weird)

it makes me think if the problem is related to network..... because the mxis are bigger....takes longer , timed out connections , i don't know... just wondering...

do you guys know anything about what's happening?

thank you very mutchin advance and sorry about my english
By Mihai
Can you give your hardware specs and network setup? The temp folders of each node should ofcourse open the temp folder on the local computer. Did you try looking in the temp folder? If you're on Windows, Start>Run, type %temp% and in the mxnetwork folder there should be a rendernode folder where that nodes mxi file is.
hi Mihai ,

well , the computer I'm running maxwell is a intel quadcore intel core 2 , under windows 7 , 4 gb ram , (are those relevant info?)

there is a network and a small farm , a BOXX with 10 machines , each one of them with 2 xeon quad(8cores) running windows xp

I dont understand a lot of networking , so i don`t know what to say about our network...at the end of the day i belive i can get this info for you , but untill now that`s all i have( don`t know if it mean anything to you but.... just in case)
hi mihai!

sorry about my delay in responding you!

our network is based on a 2 GB switch . there are macs and Pcs.

our server(where i tell maxwell to save all the stuff) is a windows xp server.

any clue? there is any info missing?

thank you very mutch
Bubbaloo wrote:Do you use that server as a render node also?
nope , only the 10 boxx machines.
from 1 to 10 i run nodes and the first one also runs the mananger

the server is only the mxi , mxs and images output
hi mihai , sorry i'm kinda late for this thread , but we had a lot of work in a sequence and kinda let the problem untoutched. i hope we can continue from where we were .

so , i went to the remp folder on the nodes and guess? there was a mxi , however they're all corrupted , thei simple won't open , when i try to the maxwell render program just crashes on me.

i have and idea , when i try to ask for a preview into the monitor it says that:Can't preview image output: \\Boxx-10\c\petroleiro3farm.png
Check this is a network path and you have permissions to read in this folder.

so , this might be a problem , but i don't know exatly how to face it. sometimes it work , sometimes it doesn't

any clue on what's happening?

ps: just to remember , a general look at the problem: i add a cooperative render , it does it just fine and then when it finished the render the files are not where i especified them to be(mxi and image).

thank you very mutch in advance and sorry about my english
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]